Why become a member? ×

Sold Now. G&L L2500 Blueburst... 1 month old! £1100 ono.

Sold now.

I'm selling my pristine condition G&L USA L2500 here. I purchased it new, last month, on a whim... but now I really need to fund a 6-string, so I'm selling this beauty.

Specs are pretty much standard, as seen in pics - Blueburst body (including back), natural wood binding, rosewood fingerboard, etc. Comes with all paperwork and G&L standard case.

It does additionally have the 'K-Switch pickup configuration', which allows for sing-coil configuration. This was fitted on the production line at the G&L factory.

I've also replaced the strings with DR Sunbeams.

It's a beautiful bass, with that awesome and peerless G&L tone... I'm looking for £1100, but open to reasonable offers.

My location is Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK. Happy to consider collection, postage or meet-up at mutually convenient location.

More pics here: [media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dillusional_confusion/sets/72157630758829100/[/media]

Edited by falling_in2_infinity

Can someone help me here... I've been told this asking price is more than the bass is available for new? It's clearly not got any interest here, so I'm clearly doing something wrong. I paid £1600 for it and was originally quoted approximately £2100 for this spec from Mark at Bass Direct. I'm obviously missing something.

Well, the standard model can be got for under £1,400, but that doesn't have the edge binding, etc. The issue, whenever you add optional extras, is that your choices don't always align with the expectations of others, and when you come to sell you never got the full value of those extras back. Potential buyers will say to themselves, why should I pay lots more for add-ons I'm not really bothered about when I can get standard/new for less. There's also the fact that, however new, your bass is now used, and that can cause issues for any buyer with respect to warranties, etc. For a smaller number of potential buyers - those who can legitimately write off the VAT element of any purchase - buying new they can do that, but buying from you they can't. Hope that helps you organise your thoughts.

Edited by noelk27

Your bass is at the correct price - it is actually a USA Custom Shop model. Use this ad for reference and bear in mind the seller is most likely adding 13.4% ebay & paypal fees to his sale:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-L-Legacy-USA-Leo-Fender-Strat-American-Stratocaster-Custom-2012-Ash-/160853823901?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2573a2919d"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2573a2919d[/url]

Good luck with the sale!!

Edited by Schnozzalee