Why become a member? ×

Aphex Aural Exciter (rack mount version)

Gamble

[url="http://www.aphex.com/204.htm"]http://www.aphex.com/204.htm[/url]

I want to fill out my sound a bit, plus I think they might be footswitchable so I might be able to use it for a different sound/boost in places.
Any opinions on these units? Or recommendations on what else I could look into?

Cheers!

I found it a tad over EQ'd sounding on active basses, more suitable to passives.
I used to use a boss ge7b, but now TOTALLY recommend the hartke VXL bass attack, it has a boost facility, and a preshape and the nicest, valveiest bass drive ive come across, and its blendable, and its a DI, (and imho it flattens the much vaunted sansamp)

The rackmount one is quite nifty for anyone using both a passive and active bass on the same gig:-

It has has two independant channels so if you take the OUT from channel 1 and feed it into the IN of channel 2 you can use an active and a passive at the same gig. You'd set each channel up to it's optimum setting for each type of bass and then and turn either Ch1 or Ch2 on depending on which bass you're using, obviously turning the other channel off. The buttons are side by side so it's a two-finger, one push operation :)

Just to note too, that being a rackmount it's really meant to plug into the FX loop of your amp (line level) rather than have an instrument plugged directly into it.

Lovely bit of kit, it is.