Why become a member? ×

Denmark St. A good news story...

Jigster

Two people I know have made the trip to Denmark Street in the past two days just to wander, noodle, gasp at prices. I'm pleased it still has the attraction.

I would imagine the shop assistants have to deal (or otherwise) with non-buying bowsers more than anywhere else, risking the finish on their stock each time someone fancies a go. I'm not at all surprised they are the way they are sometimes.

One had such a good time he bought himself some leads!

I went to Denmark Street at the weekend on a now very occasional visit to our fair capital and I was very pleasantly surprised by most places.
I was looking at acoustic guitars (with no intention to buy - I was trading in and they were back in Hereford) and I was pretty much left to get on with it in most places I visited.
Didn't actually try any basses but someone seemed to be getting a good deal on a Squier jazz bass while I was in Wunjo's (slow day I'll drop the price and throw in some extras etc). And the advice was good, not just pushing for the most expensive bass they could get away with.
Seemed to have a skip load of Rockinbetters kicking around the street on display in a very blatant manner. Basses and six strings.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently chatted on the phone with Tom in the Wunjos Bass Centre. Managed to sort out an unbelievable deal for a Fender US Deluxe 5er! Ever since Wunjo's took over that shop I've been amazed at the turnaround from the ghastly bass cellar. All the people who work there like Tom and Laurence are just so great and friendly and always willing to work out a deal.
I recommend people go and browse around and speak to the guys. Great atmosphere and great store. Long live Wunjo's basses!

• 4 months later...

I know there have been another couple of threads aboyt here but thought I'd revive the original one. Popped in today - was welcomed straight away. Told them I was just browsing and was made really welcome, told to take anything I fancied down to play, ended up having a little go on a lovely old Peavey T40. The manager was really amazing, asking what other stuff I'd like to see in the shop and ad a chat about this thread!

If you are in or going to London this is an absolute must for a visit.