Why become a member? ×

Neutrik failure

vsmith1

I am sure if you contact Neutrik they would send you a free replacement one, I believe they are lifetime guaranteed

Neutrik UK Ltd. Westridge Business Park,Cothey Way
PO33 1QT Ryde, Isle of Wight
Fon: +44-1983-811 441
Fax: +44-1983-811 439
E-Mail: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
Internet: [url="http://www.neutrik.co.uk/"]http://www.neutrik.co.uk[/url]

They've been in touch and will be sending a replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks to Neutrik for being so quality minded. They implied that there had been a bad batch of the silent jacks. So I would recommend any one else getting in touch.

Vince

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1342688065' post='1739157']
...contact Neutrik and complain that you haven't had 10,000 mating cycles, and see if they can sort you out? :lol:[/quote]

I don't think even Neutrik would accept responsibility for that tragic fact. :(

Typical. Forgive the rant: Switchcraft. Now and forever. Simple is best. I have the plain ordinary simple Switchcraft jacks and plugs on my instruments and cords, and have for decades. Never a failure, never a bad connection. The cords have gone bad, and I've salvaged the plugs to put on new cords.

[quote name='iiipopes' timestamp='1342706073' post='1739655']
Typical. Forgive the rant: Switchcraft. Now and forever. Simple is best. I have the plain ordinary simple Switchcraft jacks and plugs on my instruments and cords, and have for decades. Never a failure, never a bad connection. The cords have gone bad, and I've salvaged the plugs to put on new cords.
[/quote]

I know some bloke that works in an old guitar shop in London, he has run an old 1965 mitsubishi car from new, regularly serviced, he claims it's never once gone wrong on him, he does all his own services on the car, oil change, filters, pads, cam belt, what not you name it. The car still looks like when he bought it new. He claims his car is still a gTi killer so one day I met him at the lights on Roehampton lane with my single cilinder Yamaha XT660X Supermoto. I said to him g'wan then show me how good that car is. By the time I was in 4th gear I was 700 yards away and when I got to the next set of lights they went red/green twice before he got there to take the shame. There is a moral in that story.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1342518664' post='1736339']
I am sure if you contact Neutrik they would send you a free replacement one, I believe they are lifetime guaranteed

[/quote]

I wish I'd thought of that. I've thrown two of them away, both for the same reason , the sliding ring split into tiny pieces. Hopefully I'll remember when it happens again!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1342706835' post='1739672']
I know some bloke that works in an old guitar shop in London, he has run an old 1965 mitsubishi car from new, regularly serviced, he claims it's never once gone wrong on him, he does all his own services on the car, oil change, filters, pads, cam belt, what not you name it. The car still looks like when he bought it new. He claims his car is still a gTi killer so one day I met him at the lights on Roehampton lane with my single cilinder Yamaha XT660X Supermoto. I said to him g'wan then show me how good that car is. By the time I was in 4th gear I was 700 yards away and when I got to the next set of lights they went red/green twice before he got there to take the shame. There is a moral in that story.
[/quote]
No, there isn't. I have a 1967 Jaguar E-type roadster, body #1E13203 (this was before modern 16-digit VIN). For the mid-'60's, it was fast. Very fast. Now it just looks good by comparison. Would I try to race it against a new Porsche? No. Do I still turn heads every time I take it out? Definitely.

Apples and oranges. We're talking about reliability with no noise for the least respected aspect of electric guitar & bass playing. I can afford to play and use any cord, switch, jack, or other connection device out there, and in the almost-40-years of playing electric instruments, I have tried them all. By experience, by 21st century standards, Switchcraft still makes the most reliable plugs and jacks out there.

Edited by iiipopes