Why become a member? ×

Hohner "The Jack" Headless Bass in Black - Active/Passsive - *GONE*

dodgnofski

Hohner Jack Bass in black here's the script which I'm sure you are aware of but here goes........

Thru Maple neck with Maple wings - Active/Passive operation - 2 x Steinberger Select Pickups - Steinberger Tuning System - controls are volume, volume, + stacked bass & treble tone pot for when in active mode - double octave fretboard. Weighs just under 8lbs on my bathroom scales & so a joy to wear - especially for us Fossils :D!!

Perfect balance with no neckdive - new set of 35 - 95 Status Hotwires fitted. This little beauty is in used, but not abused condition - with the usual buckle rash & odd ding here & there - the worst one is the small one on the rear of the neck - which I can't feel when playing it.- but for a 1980's Bass is in great overall condition, with everything working - even the LED comes on when you are in active mode and even has a fully functioning - unbroken battery compartment lid!

The action on this is sublime - having one of the lowest 'playable' of any Bass I've owned, or even played during the past 40 + years - yep - I'm 'that' old :(!! Looking for a firm £250 + postage & only for sale to fund something else - ruddy GAS - otherwise I'd probably hang on to it - being a 'go to' bass for any Gig - 'cause it sounds so blinking 'Fab'!! I'm still 5 minutes from Junction 15 of the M6 - unfortunately - if you want to call & have a blast, give me a shout - ta.

[attachment=112854:Black Jack Bass 002.JPG]

[attachment=112858:Black Jack Bass 005.JPG]

Edited by dodgnofski

This was my first *very good* bass, back in 88. I'm now playing a much more expensive instrument, but the build quality of the Jack is still incredible for the price. And I'm definitely keeping mine, even if I don't play it much anymore. Lightweight, tight sound, a real pleasure to play. The 5 string version is quite disapointing though.

One tiny trick: disconnecting the LED inside the control cavity increases the battery life ten-fold!

This is now gone - thank you to everyone who showed an interest, I think I'll have to give up playing now - good news for everyone's ears - as I'm pretty sure I won't find a Bass with a lower 'playable' action at any price - umph!!