Why become a member? ×

trace 2103x

goblin

Does anyone know what drivers the 2103x uses? I'm not worried about the celestions, it's the 5" ones I'm interested in. Looking at one at the moment but been informed that it'll need a new 5", anyone got any ideas on it?

The 5" drivers were made by Audax. They were very nice but haven't been available for well over a decade. You could try to get them reconed but they won't be the same, as the original cones are no longer made. I have a couple of used Fane Studio 5Ms, which are a much better driver with a cast chassis, that I could sell you for a good price if you're stuck.

Edited by stevie

The later 4 x 5" 'bright boxes' came equipped with fostex drive units. I expect theyre much in the same vein as the Audax units but I'm unaware of their availability. The Fane option above is probably a good one also..

Well I went and got the cab yesterday. Something sounded really bad with it, so took a punt not entirely sure how much it'd cost / which drivers were gunna get me. Got it home and first thing I checked was the wiring and broke out the switch cleaner, this has helped massively, so I'm going to run it for a couple of weeks and then see which driver gets worse as there is still an ever so slight crackle lingering

Okay had it looked at by my dad and he's found the issue, bottom 10" driver's stuffed. Pulled the driver today just to see what it had in, it's got 200 watt 16 Ohm Celestions. Did they ever do an uprated 2x10??