Why become a member? ×

Amp for Godin A4 Fretless

Stance

Hi everyone

I need to amplify my Godin A4 fretless, but I don´t know what amp should I get.

I want something that can faithfully reproduce this bass characteristic sound. I´ve tried to use the rig I normally use for the electric - GK 700 Rb - but it just sucks... I´m sure it´s a input impedance thing..

I´ve come across an old GK 200 MV - haven´t had the opportunity to try it, but the owner says it´s good for any acoustic instrument.

Please let me know what you think,

Cheers

Might be worth your while trying a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R44BUMfCnc"]Markbass Superbooster[/url] pedal between the bass and amp. I have found this useful when I can't get a good sound through an amp. Equally, I now use a Markbass 12" combo which has the same VLE and VPF controls. That has always helped with my semi-hollow basses.

Just thought. The [url="http://acousticimg.com/#/home"]Acoustic Image[/url] amps have filter controls which are good for acoustic instruments.

Edited by BassBus

There shouldn't be an input impedance issue - AFAIK the onboard preamp should be pulling it down into bass guitar territory. Have you tried the bass through another amp? I'd be concerned that there's a problem with the bass if it's sounding weedy through your regular amp. Lovely sounding basses those things, I miss mine. For what it's worth I always used mine through an electric bass combo, I think it was a Peavey but those days are a bit of a blur...

Thanks for the tip on the Superbooster!

As to the bass/amp being faulty, I know for sure that both are in working order.

I just can´t get the bass to sound as good in the amp as it does in the PA-through the amp the notes just don´t breathe.