Why become a member? ×

My Function Band

AndyBob09

I thought I'd post my function band's promo video here. This was done a while ago. Maybe we could do with another just to refresh the 'pop' stuff.

What's your thoughts on the video?

I think we get off very well without having a keyboard player. What's your thoughts?

Oh! And sorry "that" fill isn't in Cee-Lo Green ... I got stage fright or something!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyxXJFAD-do"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyxXJFAD-do&feature=fvwrel[/url]

Edited by AndyBob09

Pulling covers bands off without keyboards is easy :)
The trick is clever use of modulation on guitar, nice delays and vibrato etc, thicken out the sound. A nice round bass sound, fills the room when the guitar is doing higher melodies etc.

Also, more vocals, all of you get singing :)

Si

It's a nice video, and I think you sound great without keys. We're thinking about getting a video done. I'm not sure whether to go for a studio type thing like this, hire a venue during the day, get our friends to pretend to be a crowd and film it like a gig, or just pick a gig we know is going to be a good one and film it?

Very good promo...but I think you need a better spread of numbers demo'd and you definitely need keys or those parts to get the better paid work.
I don't think that would be hard to add...

A good function band needs to have sounds and voices to stop getting too one-dimensional so keys are a must as would be a second strong-ish lead vocal.
As good as the girls voice might be...it can be mroe draininlistening to a female vocal for too long.

You may be able to get round this with a compromise short set...but a music compromise in a function band is also a compromise in price.
And that could easily be fixed with good keys and BV's