Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heads Up!

philw

All,

I've been wondering about this post for a while and I've got five minutes to kill so here goes...

I, like probably a quite a few folk here, am an inveterate browser of on-line bass stores, ebay and classified ads. I've only bought one or two over the years but I still love looking. Occasionally I see something rare, interesting, underpriced or just plain weird and I think, "I bet there's somebody on Basschat who'd have that like a shot." So how about we continue this thread with links to "interesting" basses for sale anywhere in the World. To fall into the "interesting" category I reckon a bass has to be either a bit unusual/rare or, if it's as common as muck, apparently cheap. To kick off, if anybody fancies a Status Electro, there's one on Gumtree (London) at the moment for a very reasonable £300 ONO (was very tempted myself but it's fretted).

So, what else have you all seen out there for sale that made you think (and if anybody can find me an underpriced Tacoma fretless four I'll have it).

Phil

[quote name='philw' post='184421' date='Apr 24 2008, 11:49 AM']All,

I've been wondering about this post for a while and I've got five minutes to kill so here goes...

I, like probably a quite a few folk here, am an inveterate browser of on-line bass stores, ebay and classified ads. I've only bought one or two over the years but I still love looking. Occasionally I see something rare, interesting, underpriced or just plain weird and I think, "I bet there's somebody on Basschat who'd have that like a shot." So how about we continue this thread with links to "interesting" basses for sale anywhere in the World. To fall into the "interesting" category I reckon a bass has to be either a bit unusual/rare or, if it's as common as muck, apparently cheap. To kick off, if anybody fancies a Status Electro, there's one on Gumtree (London) at the moment for a very reasonable £300 ONO (was very tempted myself but it's fretted).

So, what else have you all seen out there for sale that made you think (and if anybody can find me an underpriced Tacoma fretless four I'll have it).

Phil[/quote]

I think with the increasing use of Gumtree, this sort of stuff should go in the Ebay links thread?

I didn't intend the emphasis should be on any particular sales channel - e.g on-line auctions - just anywhere an interesting bass is spotted. One of my fave sites for browsing is Bass Northwest where the "previously enjoyed" list quite often includes something worth a second look (especially now when a pound buys two dollars).

Having said that, the lack of posts on the thread so far suggests I'm pretty much the only sad git around so discussion of the finer points is somewhat academic :)

Phil

Edited by philw