Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Barefaced speaker cabs - Exterior Finish

thebassman

Hi, This is one for all the Barefaced speaker cab owners.

I am thinking of getting a Super 12T, but i guess all the cab finishes are the same.

Can some let me know what the exterior cab finish is like please? A pic would be great.

I have had a look at the website, but it is difficult ot see from the photos.

P.S. I know you can get the standard metal grill or the cool looking vintage tweed grill.

Cheers

thebassman

Edited by thebassman

[quote]
Hi Liam,

We don't use tolex, we use a textured acrylic coating so doing colours
other than black is rather complicated and expensive - and it would
void the one month return period. What/why were you thinking though?

Best regards,

Alex
[/quote]

That's an email i recieved from Alex when enquiring about a custom coloured BF cab.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

What he said, its paint. Alex says its a simple matter of touching up the paint, with paint if it gets a knock.
Rather than tolex, which tears and cannot be touched up. or carpet, which also burns :)

I've had my S12 over 6 months and whilst the handles have a few scrapes on them, the black finish is holding up well!

[quote name='fatback' timestamp='1341331933' post='1717212']
Had my Midget over two years and still like new in spite of long distance gigging.

Try [url="http://www.roqsolid.co.uk"]http://www.roqsolid.co.uk[/url] for a good cover.
[/quote]+1, I have one from Roqsolid too.

The finish on mine has a slight Artex vibe about it, but is evenly applied and seems very tough. Mind you, my cab was a prototype rather than a production model so I'm not sure if it's indicative of what you get with a new one. What looked like scuff marks after doing a few gigs turned out to be bits of paint which had scraped off door frames etc, not damage to the cab finish. It does have a different look to tolex, but to my mind stage gear is built to be seen from a few feet away, so it doesn't bother me.