Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Cutlass I for sale in Berks....

flyingguitar

[size=7]SOLD!![/size] :) :) :) :)

Selling my Musicman Cutlass I for £2,000
Collection Only, as I don't want the risk of it arriving damaged to someone. Located in Berkshire.
3 bolt neck, strings through the body. Full range of photos and contact info here:
[url="http://www.flyingguitar.net"]http://www.flyingguitar.net[/url]

Edited by flyingguitar

No man, sold mine for £2000 too. I did not ship it the buyer picked it up.

Lets be honnest, In the uk a pre ernie ball Stingray goes for about £2000 anyways. So a cuttlass, 450 EVER produced. 2k is a very fair price I think.

Alex at the gallery quoted me "easely £2200/£2500" depending on the condition!

:)

I don't think at all that any of this is negative towards the seller, but feel free to PM me if any one wishes to, i'll erase :)

And I bought piereeganseman's Cutlass......

It's absolutely awesome. Or should that be +++AWESOME+++ :P

...and this one looks to be in nicer cosmetic condition. If I had another £2000 I would buy this as well. Just so that no one else could have it ;)

The same week there was another Cutlass that also sold quickly. That had an asking price of £2000.

Edited by lapolpora

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1341402321' post='1718314']
No man, sold mine for £2000 too. I did not ship it the buyer picked it up.

Lets be honnest, In the uk a pre ernie ball Stingray goes for about £2000 anyways. So a cuttlass, 450 EVER produced. 2k is a very fair price I think.

Alex at the gallery quoted me "easely £2200/£2500" depending on the condition!

:)
[/quote]

Hey, that's great to hear! Thanks for posting about it. I have to admit, after MysticGuitar mentioned it might be harder to sell due to being Collection Only, I was a bit concerned. From the looks of the For Sale threads here, many basses on the market to get sold and that means more of a chance of my post falling down to the bottom or on another page. I put the wrong tag up too, using the word "Cutlass I" instead of Musicman as a tag and I can't find where to change that. :blink:

[quote name='lapolpora' timestamp='1341408162' post='1718473']
And I bought piereeganseman's Cutlass......

It's absolutely awesome. Or should that be +++AWESOME+++ :P

...and this one looks to be in nicer cosmetic condition. If I had another £2000 I would buy this as well. Just so that no one else could have it ;)

The same week there was another Cutlass that also sold quickly. That had an asking price of £2000.
[/quote]

Brilliant! Glad you were able to get his bass. Thanks for the encouragement. Cheers

[quote name='flyingguitar' timestamp='1341411499' post='1718554']
. I put the wrong tag up too, using the word "Cutlass I" instead of Musicman as a tag and I can't find where to change that. :blink:
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know how to change a tag either on here, 'cause I know the "tag" option appears when you first start a new topic?

It's wonderful everyone is so friendly and helpful on here; I'm sure their words are a big relief to you, FlyingGuitar. Just hang in there and someone will be along to buy it :)

Oh dear I desperately want this bass and I don't have £2000. I have even suggested to your good lady offering one of my children in part exchange. I'm curious as to why you want to sell as it is utterly gorgeous. Regarding price I think that you are spot on, though I would say being a seller on ebay and here that nobody seems to have any money at the moment. If you were to post a picture of it with a mirror scratchplate, I would probably be driven to going and robbing a bank (or robbing a bank back I think it's called these days!). :D

LOL I'll have to show him your post. He's not online right now. I wish you were able to buy it, too! We kept hoping my car would sell fast so no guitars would need to be sold, but the car has been sitting for two years now and I've even lowered the price on it. Just a difficult economy, even back in the states. Cheers

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341415355' post='1718642']
LOL I'll have to show him your post. He's not online right now. I wish you were able to buy it, too! We kept hoping my car would sell fast so no guitars would need to be sold, but the car has been sitting for two years now and I've even lowered the price on it. Just a difficult economy, even back in the states. Cheers
[/quote]
Hi, I'm still lusting after this bass but bearing in mind your predicament, can I suggest you put it on Ebay too? :happy: I think you could easily get £2500 at least for it.

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1341940564' post='1726661']
Hi, I'm still lusting after this bass but bearing in mind your predicament, can I suggest you put it on Ebay too? :happy: I think you could easily get £2500 at least for it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice :) I will tell Tom you suggested that. He isn't too fond of eBay, as the last time he sold a bass on there he was inundated with responses which asked him to ship it to another country. He hates shipping his basses because it risks getting damaged (based on our prior experience with other items that became damaged upon arrival, despite being packed extra well). I do think he'll go that route, though, if there are no takers here. He hates losing the bass, so he isn't in much of a rush yet. I can't blame him.

[quote name='MysticGuitar' timestamp='1341996914' post='1727520']
Thanks for the advice :) I will tell Tom you suggested that. He isn't too fond of eBay, as the last time he sold a bass on there he was inundated with responses which asked him to ship it to another country. He hates shipping his basses because it risks getting damaged (based on our prior experience with other items that became damaged upon arrival, despite being packed extra well). I do think he'll go that route, though, if there are no takers here. He hates losing the bass, so he isn't in much of a rush yet. I can't blame him.
[/quote]

He can make it UK only, for collection only and do a buy it now or best offer price. Having done a bit of research, I think he should put it on for £3000 and see what offers come in. The trouble is generally that nobody has any money at the moment. :(

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1341999225' post='1727583']
He can make it UK only, for collection only and do a buy it now or best offer price. Having done a bit of research, I think he should put it on for £3000 and see what offers come in. The trouble is generally that nobody has any money at the moment. :(
[/quote]

He listed his last one as Collection Only and still people ignored those words and were only interested in it getting shipped. I hear you about the money situation :( Thanks for doing the research, though, that was very thoughtful of you! He'll be happy to know you recommended £3000 :D Worth a try, eh? I'm still hoping my car sells soon in the USA so he won't have to lose the Musicman. There's someone who wants the vehicle but has to sell their own truck first. I'd secretly buy Tom's bass to hold it for him, but I think he'd notice the money missing from our bank account. :P

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1345735867' post='1781084']
So sorry to hear that. I have an idea I'm going to PM you about at the weekend.
[/quote]
Okay, thank you very much. We didn't list it for £3,000 like was discussed in this thread. It was listed for less. I keep telling my Tom that he probably should offer to ship it instead of saying Collection Only, but he is afraid it will somehow arrive damaged. I still have the link to BC where they discuss how to ship basses.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1345743812' post='1781191']
surprising this is not sold... sold mine in 24 hours... :s
[/quote]
Well, I suppose the buying market fluctuates a lot. With the bad economy, people are purchasing less expensive basses. Cheers.