Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A belated introduction

Toasting

Hi Forumites,

A belated introduction. After buying an amp and selling the same through the FS section I thought I had should formally say hello!

Name is Jamie and I've been playing the bass on and off for a few years. I'm not a musician and don't really know how to play the bass as an instrument but I can figure out where I need to put my fingers to get the right sounds. I'm playing with a ska/two tone covers band called The Drybones; we're regularly gigging around London and getting a few quid for our troubles too so can't be so bad. Playing live is what it's all about for me and something I've meant to do for so long. Finally got there!

I just thought i'd end with a thanks for all the guidance I've picked up from the many informative posts whilst lurking around the forum. I hope I can consider myself introduced now :D

Edited by Toasting

Hi Jamie,

A belated welcome to you then!

As to you not being a bassist, I think that - as an experienced pedagogue - I can help you:
After you've figured out where you need to put your fingers to get the right sounds, then do [b]exactly[/b] that. Instant bassist! Glad to be of help. ;)

Enjoy the forum!

Thanks all for the welcome.
I shall update my profile with some more details and maybe even a picture in due course so you can all swoon at my bugly mug. Need to sort out a signature too, although due to a lack of folding I don't yet suffer from G.A.S. or B.A.S. having only the one 'cheap' bass and a lil' practice amp, so not much to enter in there.