Why become a member? ×

RHCP at Knebworth

rommi

Any other BC'ersthere last night?..

They were friggin OUT OF THIS WORLD!! New guitarist (Josh something) is very good and Flea was amazing (as expected)!

Not sure about Knebworth as a venue though TBH.. Positioning of speakers meant that if you stood in front of the grandstand, and not too too far away from the stage the sound was getting seriously muffled at times.. Moved a little further back from the stage, where they had the next set of speakers and it sounded great!! Also, visibility of the bands on the stage was minimal due to the stage being on the lower part of the park..

Other than that, was a cracking night!! :-)

Quite hard to beat their encore too; Sir pshyco sexy -> They're red hot -> Suck my kiss -> Give it away.. WOW!

Anyway, just thought I'd share :-)

Matt

Cool, glad you enjoyed it. I wish I was able to go, but sadly I'm working at some radio festival for the "yoof" at 'ackney marshes.
As I'm a massive fan I've seen them literally dozens of times and thought they were brilliant at the O2 last year.
I was a bit gutted when they announced the Knebworth gig as I'm unable to NOT go if I'm able to see them.
I hate going to massive gigs as a punter (anything bigger than an arena and it's almost not worth it) and I wasn't relishing the thought of going to see them there.
I'm almost glad work came along and took the choice of having to go or not away from me!

Glad you enjoyed it. I've still got mixed feelings on Josh. To me he's not the new guitarists but just trying to be another John.

As for the performance, gutted I missed it. I saw them at O2 last year and it was like watching a tribute band. Must've just been having an off night. However, when I saw them at Hyde park they were phenomenal.

Yep I was there! we were in the perfect spot for the speakers on the right as you look at the stage just like you said, sounded great from there. Its the first time I have heard Flea sound good live too. The only problem I can see is that they now have such a wealth of songs that its hard for them to keep everyone interested all the time, Like you we were loving Sir Physco Sexy and they're red hot and what about Im a little Pea! But the people next to us stood still the whole time. Same as soul to squeeze the girl next to me was asleep under her hat, in fact she did not move at all until under the bridge which provoke a small sway.

Don't get me wrong, I do like josh. I just feel he's trying too hard to be John, right down to the same guitars when I saw them last. "I'm with you" was a goo album and sounded more like the chili's should, I'm interested in seeing how they and josh will develop when he's more settled and brings his own taste and style to the band.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1340551211' post='1706028']
I can be the first to say it "My name is Pete, I like Josh and I like most of the album I'm with you" there I said it! I dont feel the need to be stuck in 1994 although he should use a proper Ray :)
[/quote]

I'll second that man ;)

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1340550712' post='1706012']
Glad you enjoyed it. I've still got mixed feelings on Josh. To me he's not the new guitarists but just trying to be another John.

As for the performance, gutted I missed it. I saw them at O2 last year and it was like watching a tribute band. Must've just been having an off night. However, when I saw them at Hyde park they were phenomenal.
[/quote]

Yeah, awesome gig! I also had mixed feelings on Josh as John is like a god, but im liking Josh's style at the mo :D

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1340550712' post='1706012']
To me he's not the new guitarists but just trying to be another John.
[/quote]

People were saying the same thing about John when he was drafted in after Hillel Slovak died.... :happy:

Yep I was there as well. I thought they were excellent although i'm still reserving judgement on Josh, give it time and it'll probably be like he's always been there!

Knebworth as a venue is a bit of a nightmare, its ok when you are in but trying to get out is not good. Luckily i'm only walking distance from there so just walked there and back, if I had to drive and park i'd probably have second thoughts on going tbh.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1340560694' post='1706258']
John gave him some of those guitars as they are mates, if you looked closer you would see he actually used all the John guitars for old songs but always his own black strat for anything he has been a co creator of almost as if to prove a point and make his own style IMO
[/quote]

I was not convinced by Josh in the album... then I saw them live in Glasgow last November and I changed my mind. I think he has his own style, which is good to see. New album... meh... but live they were great.