Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

CPBass

A gorgeous & unique example of master craftsmanship from UK luthier Mike Walsh (Iceni)

Commissioned in 2010.

Gloss finish Ash body with Maple neck, ebony lined through to a birdseye maple fingerboard, chrome hardware with brass adjustable nut and bi-flex truss rod

Twin Bartolini soapbar pickups with series or parallel selector switches alongside independent volume pots for each pickup. This bass has a custom Vintage Filter which on a full sweep takes things from a lovely Motown Fender thump all the way through to full active glassy trouser flapping tone monster. 18v active system gives as much poke as you could ever need.

Its a very serious piece of kit with quality sounds available to match any musical situation you'll find yourself in. As lovely the bass is, I'm not a 5 string player and don't really need to go below a low D. The neck profile is similar to a Fender P bass but a tad shallower, string spacing is 17mm @ the bridge. Great E string!!

All in immaculate condition with brand new Hiscox liteflite case.

If this had a different name on it it would be double the price. If you want serious quality without the 'In' bass name & price tag then check this out. She's a sweetie.

Looking for £975ovno
(collection preferred but will pack for courier or meet at reasonable half way point)

Build Diary Thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/82578-iceni-zoot-5-special/page__hl__iceni"]http://basschat.co.u...page__hl__iceni[/url]

[attachment=111362:zoot06.jpg] [attachment=111363:zoot12.jpg] [attachment=111364:zoot10.jpg]
[attachment=112244:zoot07.jpg] [attachment=112245:zoot01.jpg] [attachment=112246:zoot02.jpg]
[attachment=112247:zoot03.jpg] [attachment=112248:zoot11.jpg] [attachment=112249:zoot04.jpg]

Edited by Voodoosnake

It is indeed Mart, if I allowed my heart to rule I'd be opening negotiations for your stunning Flying V bass. My main gigs are now blues and functions so I don't get much chance for the 'foot on monitor posing' which the flying v was designed for.

You've been selling some absolute crackers here recently Col!

Looks a bargain price for a lovely bit of luthiery

"Vintage Filter" sounds intriguing.....something like a treble cut through to a treble & bass boost kind of arrangement?

I thank you Shaggy.

This is a remarkably good bass.

The vintage tone filter is exactly as you said. Takes you from Glassy to Thump.

My Eden rig is going for a song too!!!!!

Edited by Voodoosnake