Why become a member? ×

Emu Pipeline wireless transmitter/receiver?

ben604

[quote name='ben604' timestamp='1340291472' post='1702401']
Ah I'll be using them for IEM, so it gets rid of an unnecessary cable. Slightly more freedom. I find with my wired setup, I'm constantly stepping on the lead and pulling the ear buds out of my head....
[/quote]

That's why when i'm using my botched up wired IEM rig, i tend to pretty much tie the extension cable i use to the belt loop at the back of my jeans, and then plug in the earphones.

Liam

Would really be interested in hearing how they work out as IEMs.

In terms of putting together an IEM solution for my band, we'd probably have a couple of mixes out the two aux channels on the desk. One for the primary vocal mix and then another for the keyboard player with more keys in. With the Pipeline system, am I right in thinking that we could use a couple of them in transmit mode (on different channels) to send the two monitor mixes and then have one per band member receiving either one of the two transmitted mixes? Does it work like that? Can two or more receivers pair with a single device?

T

[quote name='ben604' timestamp='1340982755' post='1712437']
These have arrived. They work great in the house, both sending bass/music or receiving music, so I've got high hopes for tonight.

I'll report back in the morning time.
[/quote]

How robust is the casing? It looks rather plasticy and fragile from the photos on the website. Is it sufficiently gig-proof?

Ok, had a bash this weekend with them as both wireless IEMs and with my bass. Mixed feelings so far, ace with the bass, nice clean, strong signal, from anywhere in the room, never mind the stage.

As IEMs they're not as good. I'd read that they were quiet and that's exactly what they were. I found I had to turn my aux output up to get the volume required, but that was distorting the input on the transmitting box. So much so that I had to take them out.

Physically, they're fairly robust. They're plastic, but come with a silicone cover which has the belt clip, which is fine around my belt, but might be too weak on just jeans if that makes sense? They come with short jack leads too, which was nice, so youre ready to go out of the box. I'm a pretty careful person, so I can't see me breaking them, but they might not handly being stamped on! I'd say they'd handle gigs no problems, but time will tell.

I'm going to take the advice of other users and get a small aa battery powered preamp to put in my pocket between the receiver and earphones and give them another go. I'll report back next Sunday!

• 3 months later...