Why become a member? ×

Urgent Cubase Help Needed Please

stingrayfan

I know there are some Cubase experts on here, so I hope you can help.

I'm trying to mix some voice tracks with music which I'm importing in as .wav and .mp3 files. But Cubase is applying a tempo to the voice track and slowing it down. I've tried switching the tempo to fixed but it seems to make now difference. Aaagh!

Anyone know how to stop it slowing my files down please?

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='183075' date='Apr 22 2008, 06:58 PM']possibly not this, but if the sample rate is not set right, it will change the speed?[/quote]

yeah this does sound like a sample rate issue, I've had this problem with ProTools a few times when for some reason the ProTools HD hardware tries playing things back at a different sample rate - I've never experienced it on PT LE though. I'd guess a way around it would be to create a new session @ 44.1k and convert all the files to this sample rate so you know that the session is definitely playing the files back at the correct sample rate, that could be one way around it but I've not used cubase since the good old days of 5.1 so I don't know the ins and outs of the program