Why become a member? ×

Super Low End Secret - with Scott Devine

devinebass

Hey guys,

This isn't exactly an instructional lesson, it's more of a 'trick of the trade' kinda thing... but I wish someone had shown it to me years ago which I why I've put it under 'general instruction'.

It's basically a little trick that will get you those low B's, C's and D's you've been lusting after even if you use a 4 string... with no D-tuner!

Hope it helps...

Check it out here... http://www.scottdevinemusic.com/how-to-make-your-4-string-sound-like-a-5-string

Cheers,

Scott

having also tried going this way - emulating a 5 string bass using EBS Octaver, no matter what settings I'd use on pedal, I always found that the sound EBS gives is a lil' bit too 'synthy', instead of a 'natural' sound, just octave lower.
Havent you found the same thing, Scott?

easy
Laimis

[quote name='wal4string' timestamp='1339634671' post='1691904']
Better to play on a 5 string, octave pedals always sound synthetic (see what I did there). Video is more of a plug for IMO an over produced mediocre tune.
[/quote]

Uhhhhh......ok. It may be a bit of a plug, but I thought the song was fun and of course I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. But it was still good to post this topic as there will be those who may not know about using an octaver and don't have a 5 string. Its good info even though some may consider it basic and take it for granted its obvious to a newbie. Again, thanks for sharing Scott.

[quote name='Tandro' timestamp='1339675949' post='1692453']
Uhhhhh......ok. It may be a bit of a plug, but I thought the song was fun and of course I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. But it was still good to post this topic as there will be those who may not know about using an octaver and don't have a 5 string. Its good info even though some may consider it basic and take it for granted its obvious to a newbie. Again, thanks for sharing Scott.
[/quote]

Agreed, and given the amount of free lessons Scott posts up on here he's surely more than welcome to have a little plug!

I enjoyed the track - Sam Thornton is a very talented dude, didn't realised he played sax for East Park Reggae Collective.

Nah - rest assured, it wasn't a plug ;) Just wanted to give an example of what I was talking about.

@faithless - Yeah it does sound a little synthy but within the mix I think you can kinda get away with it... also - I'm sucka for synth bass lol... I love it!

Ez man,

Scott