Why become a member? ×

What cab?

neepheid

Hi there

I recently acquired a Hartke HA3500 head (350W @ 4ohms, 250 @ 8ohms), and I'm wondering what to partner it up with. I'm completely green when it comes to cabs. I suppose I should tell you where I'm at playing-wise. I'm not gigging at the moment, just doing some jamming with a guitarist. The rest of the time it's just practice.

I'd want something reasonably easy to transport, so would it be best to pick up a 2x10 for now? Maybe augment it with a 1x15 if I ever step up to the stage?

Not looking to spend too much at the moment, will probably try to pick up something second hand. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for manufacturers, and some discussion on configuration (ie. is my reasoning sound?)

I think the best thing for you to do is take your head to your local music store and try it with all the cabs they have and see what you like.

If you cant do that, the hartke VX speaker cabs are really nice sounding, but i don't think they have a 210.

If your after something with easy transport, have you thought about the Hartke 210tp.
Its only Dimensions: 14"(H) X 24"(W) X 12"(D) and weighs 36 lb which isn't bad for £175.

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-tp/69241"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-tp/69241[/url]

-Jake

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='181688' date='Apr 21 2008, 12:01 PM']I think the best thing for you to do is take your head to your local music store and try it with all the cabs they have and see what you like.[/quote]

+1. A 2X10 might balance out the muddiness of the EB-3s neck humbucker though. I use a 4X10 because it balances out my bassy bass and head pretty well.

Can you cut and glue plywood?

Build a Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 10 or two 10.5s. the Omni 10 is a 2 x 10 horn loaded and a variety of tweeter options. The 10.5 is a 1 x 10 and a pair is slightly louder than the Omni10 but obviously a bit more work. Very efficient and sounds great. Pretty light too.

See www.billfitzmaurice.com and/or look on the Build Diaries here.

+1 to the BFM cabs option! Apparently GREAT cabs! Otherwise as U say a 2x10" & a 1 x 15" -types/makes????? Up to U & the sound U R after. IMO the Aguilar GS112(1x12") is a great li'l cab & two make a GREAT sound for not a lotta weight. I had a GS112 & WAS gonna get another, but got a good deal on an Aguilar GS115(1x15") & together they make a GREAT rig!!!! The GS115 is a DAMN good 15" & is discontinued-hence MY good deal-So if U can find either 2nd hand or some "floor stock" deals- best option IMO. Try as many as U can-with YOUR amp!!