Why become a member? ×

***WITHDRAWN*** Warmoth Precision/Tele Bass in Surf Green w/ BadAss II Bridge

eddiehoffmann

I'm putting up for sale here my beautiful Warmoth Tele Bass. I bought the parts directly from Warmoth and had it put together In December last year. The bass looks, plays and sounds fantastic and it's the [b]most light-weight Precision type bass I ever had[/b][b] (only just over 4kg)[/b]. The bass is really well setup and ready to rock. Nice, comfortable low action with almost new Status Premium Rounds 45's. No dead spots. The Wizard Trad pickups leave nothing to desire when compared to my 77 P-Bass. It sounds like a proper Precision.

I played with this bass quite a lot since I put it together (two entire one month long tours) and it has some minor battle scars to prove it. Two small nicks on the paint (see pictures) and a very small and shallow dent at the back of the neck that doesn't affect playability whatsoever. It would probably take you a while to notice it if it wasn't mentioned and I couldn't a take a picture that would show it properly. It is insignificant.

Unfortunately I can't really afford to have two P-Basses right now, so this one has to go to a new home. I'm a P-Bass fan and owned many different ones over the years. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed with this baby.

[b]Here is the spec:[/b]

[b]Body: Fender Tele Bass[/b]
[b]Body wood: swamp ash[/b]
[b]Finish: Surf Green[/b]
[b]Neck: Tele Bass with graphite stiffening rods[/b]
[b]Neck wood: maple[/b]
[b]Fretboard: maple[/b]
[b]Neck finish: clear satin nitro[/b]
[b]Frets: 20[/b]
[b]Fret wire: 6130[/b]
[b]Nut width: 42.85mm[/b]
[b]Nut material: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL[/b]
[b]Pickups: Wizard Trad Split P[/b]
[b]Bridge: Leo Quan BadAss II (chrome)[/b]
[b]Tuners: Schaller BML (chrome)[/b]
[b]Strap locks: Schaller[/b]
[b]Pots: CTS (250k)[/b]
[b]Pick guard: white pearl [/b]

Any questions just give me a shout.

[attachment=109629:Warmoth_07.jpg]

[attachment=109630:Warmoth_08.jpg]

[attachment=109631:Warmoth_09.jpg]

[attachment=109589:Warmoth_01.jpg]

[attachment=109590:Warmoth_02.jpg]

[attachment=109591:Warmoth_03.jpg]

[attachment=109592:Warmoth_04.jpg]

[attachment=109593:Warmoth_05.jpg]

[attachment=109594:Warmoth_06.jpg]

Edited by eddiehoffmann

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1338967714' post='1681651']
Is that a slab fronted body?
[/quote]
No, it's a not a slab front. Or back.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1338971374' post='1681685']
I know it's a hard colour to capture with some digital cameras but can you confirm it is Surf Green?

It looks more like Seafoam Green ... your lampshade looks more like Surf Green. :D
[/quote]
It said Surf Green on Warmoth's website and it says Surf Green on my invoice. Definitely these pictures are crap, though. I'll try some better ones today with better light.

Bump with added pictures. Like mentioned by Ou7shined, not easy to capture all the beauty of this finish, specially with my iPhone camera. Hopefully that's a little bit better now. It's a beautiful bass that always gets some "woooo's" and "aaaaah's" every time I take it out of the case.

Bump with a considerable price drop. After a couple of PM's I realised I might have overpriced this lovely instrument a little bit, specially when taking into account the current economic climate.

This bass plays just as good as any really good American Standard P-Bass and, in my opinion, sounds better than any of the recent ones. I think £500 including a hard case is a fair price, right? Come and have a play. You're gonna love it!

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1341227797' post='1715320']
It's like a Mark Hoppus bass only way better. Good luck with this one Eddie! I'd be sorely tempted but 3 basses would be over kill :)
[/quote]

Hey Gavin!

Indeed, way better than a Mark Hoppus. At least the one I tried. Only quality components on this one. It's like a Fender Custom Shop for the price of MIM. I might keep it just to experiment with different pickups (evil laugh).