Why become a member? ×

Gallien Kruger 700RB 1x15 - SOLD

BigBeatNut

Up for sale: My Gallien Kruger 700RB 115 Combo.

Here's what it looks like.

More pics [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/33223270@N00/tags/700rb/"]HERE[/url].

Here a link to the [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20020811155842/www.gallien-krueger.com/PRODUCTS/COMBOS/700RB_115/700rb_115.html"]SPECS[/url]

This was up for sale last year, but it looks like I had unrealistic expectations for price. Now offered at £335-00 .

Note that mine is the 'Mark 1' or whatever. There are key spec differences from the current one: mine is 275 watts as it stands: 225 watts to the 15 inch, (380 with a further 8 ohm cabinet), and the tweeter gets an additional 50W. (The amp is biamped)

This is a great amp, full range, very deep (and bought for that very reason) with none of the flab that you might expect from some 15's.

Very portable, as 1x15's go, because of the wheels and tip back feature, which also means you can have it aimed up at you, monitor style. It's seen fairly light use, probably about 30 gigs over 4 years. It's almost always been transported in my car (rather than knocking around with other gear in a van). 1 owner from new.

I'm selling because this is oversized for the gigs I now do, so I now have something more appropriate.

Because of the size, I'd [i]prefer[/i] this to be picked up (I'm in North London), but if you have other ideas, let me know. Over the coming weeks, it seems possible I'll be travelling London to Doncaster by car. If you're near that route we can probably work something out. Even if you're NOT near that route, please get in touch ... we could always meet halfway, maybe?

Cash on pickup preferred. Paypal might be an option, please ask. I've got a small [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=823"]feedback thread[/url] you may want to check.

BTW, CrazyKiwi (and other basschatters) like these combos .... check [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=871"]the previous for sale thread {LINK}[/url].

Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='deBassMan' post='183117' date='Apr 22 2008, 07:40 PM']I might be interested in the GK - but I'd like to do a deal with my Megabass stack - check out my post on this forum (it's a bit too mega for me now) would u be interested?[/quote]
I'm sure it's a great stack, but I'm downsizing not upsizing :)

I might consider trades (with appropriate adjustments) for basses, particularly basses that are one or more of fretless, 5-string, hollow/chambered, but I can't think of anything in the way of an amp or cab that would tempt me.

Superb amps these - if you need to dial in extra growl, its got a growl knob just for that. Plus you get a loud, powerful and clean sound as standard. The wedge shape shouldn't be under rated. It makes hearing yourself a LOT easier and reduces the need for lots of watts.

Have a bump :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna bump this to the top as I've just bought CrazyKiwi's and I'm blown away by it, they're seriously excellent. Tons of power, superb tone and the boost knob gives you that beautiful growl for the perfect rock sound! I might even like it better than my SVT-CL/410HLF setup and I cried when I had to sell that!

Someone buy it!

• 3 weeks later...

All the love for this amp seems to be from people who play rock. How would it cope with a Motown sound for a functions band, do you think? And are you due north anytime soon?

Cheers,

Martin

[quote name='Kirky' post='216493' date='Jun 10 2008, 11:11 PM']All the love for this amp seems to be from people who play rock. How would it cope with a Motown sound for a functions band, do you think? And are you due north anytime soon?

Cheers,

Martin[/quote]
Sorry for slow reply, I've had a busy few days.

I think the rock players have been talking particularly about the 'boost' control, which is designed to add more 'growl'. I leave that fairly low or off, and I've used the amp both for function bands (blues brothers, soul, pop) and for blues bands. I'm pretty sure you'd be able dial in a sound you'd be happy with. The amp has three other controls (besides the boost and 4-band eq) for tone shaping: The voicing button (extra depth e.g. for 5-string bass), a presence control, and a contour control, which progressively dials in a 'scooped' contour, e.g. for slap.

I think we could work something out re travel. Will PM you.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...