Why become a member? ×

Fender Stuart Hamm Urge Standard **SOLD** also a Hohner Jack Headless £100 *hohner is SOLD*

Chris2112

I recently bought this Urge bass from Frank (known round here as a Sharkfinger).

It's the Standard model of the Urge bass, made in Mexico. Same as the American Urge but with a poplar body, rosewood fingerboard and no precision pickup.

Basically what we have here is a lovely 32" scale active jazz bass with 24 frets then. It's in very good condition for its age, with just a small scratch, a little ding and some mild bucklerash. It's certainly nothing serious, just in the clearcoat, and I've highlighted the scratch with a photograph of it for your purposes. It's all in working order, and sounds fantastic. The 32" scale is very comfortable (something I liked about my Kubicki, I'm a bit of a Stu Hamm fan so it's nice to have a signature bass of his!) and the body is quite small, so it takes well to being worn high. It's also very light (7.2lbs), the lightest bass I have owned apart from my Hohner (which is also for sale here). I'll probably regret this sale later, as I do love the sound of jazz basses, but I guess I have to do this!

As I say, I only received it a little while ago, though my parents decided today to tell me it was about time I started paying board. Hence I'm having to sell this one, as with board and the costs of Uni, things are just looking a bit bleak for me! I paid £350 for it delivered, I'd like that, but feel free to make me an offer if you wish. This advert is, after all, an invitation to treat. I still have the packaging materials, so I can ship it out as soon as.

Here are some photos:

*******Hohner Jack Bass is SOLD*********

I've done business round here with a few guys recently, just ask if you need references. I can also PM you my mobile number if you want to chat about the basses.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='WithoutRisk_BassPlayer' post='182186' date='Apr 21 2008, 08:04 PM']Hi Chris

Is the Urge Standard neck the same or similar to the neck on the Urge II's...? The Urge II us the best bass ever (IMO)

Cheers

Will[/quote]

Well, it's the same profile as the Urge I, as far as I know, the profile was kept the same, just "scaled up" for the Urge II! But it was a very nice neck I'll admit! Still loving your Urge II Will? Ain't seen you on MSN for a while (Is the Street_rider address defunct now?). Got some good news today too, I see that Stuart is going to be touring with Joe Satriani again, which is a pleasant surprise as I have front row, center tickets for the Newcastle show! :)

[quote]Well, it's the same profile as the Urge I, as far as I know, the profile was kept the same, just "scaled up" for the Urge II! But it was a very nice neck I'll admit! Still loving your Urge II Will? Ain't seen you on MSN for a while (Is the Street_rider address defunct now?). Got some good news today too, I see that Stuart is going to be touring with Joe Satriani again, which is a pleasant surprise as I have front row, center tickets for the Newcastle show![/quote]

Yeah a while back my msn was hacked everyone was deleted so I had to set up another account which got deleted because I couldn't get onto it due to 3 broken computers and 2 ballsed up modems and I've finally got msn back, coupla months ago! What was your addy I'll add you on my new account?

My Urge II is amazing still, got new hardware for it now thats in the process of being put on there, black badass III and some black schaller ultralights. Its gonna look lush when i get it resprayed gloss olympic white with an abalone pickguard! You still got your Kubicki...?

• 3 months later...