Why become a member? ×

Switching Stomp Box

Si600

I'm using an active and a passive bass and I'm looking for a switch so that I can use the same array of pedals but into the active and passive inputs on my amp, see the attached diagram.

Does anyone know of anything like this existing? I looked at the Boss LS2, but didn't quite understand it, but there must be something simpler to just switch from one output to another?

[attachment=109195:Bass pedals.png]

You just want a simple A/B box like the EHX Switchblade: [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/electro-harmonix-switchblade-passive-channel-selector.html"]http://www.hotroxuk.com/electro-harmonix-switchblade-passive-channel-selector.html[/url]

Do you really need that though? You don't always have to have passive bass into passive input, active bass into active input. If you are trying to even the volumes out when switching between two basses, this is not the best solution unless your amp has separate gain controls for each input.

I've recently found out that the old "active is louder than passive" myth is a myth. What you want is an A/B box like dannybuoy says & make sure that both inputs have level controls on them so you can match them for volume.

It's an easy DIY build if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Thanks Dannybouy and xgsjx. I suppose that what you are saying is that unless I have separate input gain controls or a channel switcher with level controls I should stop over complicating things and accept what I've got. :)

Edited by Si600

I've had a look at Bright Onion and it looks pretty cool :) Thanks very much. I'm going to hang fire though for a minute and play about with the volumes and inputs to see if I can make it work without, but still leave a gap on the pedal board just in case :)