Why become a member? ×

Custom 5 String Jazz Bass Beauty **TRADE PENDING**

Rumple

Up for sale is my custom (Homage) Jazz Bass, you can read the build diary here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/95012-5-string-jazz-bass-type-thing/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

35" scale

One piece maple neck, matt finish, with dark rosewood board

17mm at the bridge

Hipshot Type A bridge

Hipshot Ultralite tuners

Nordstrand pick-ups

Custom passive wiring including S1 switch and mute switch

DR Sunbeam strings

Schaller strap locks

I absolutely loved the process of getting this made and the result is a fantastic looking and excellent sounding Jazz but after recently picking up another SR5 with a maple board I have come to realise I prefer maple and 34" scale, also at nearly 12lbs it's on the heavy side for a weed like me :) also if I can sell this one it's an excuse to start another build :D

Sounds really great as a passive bass and that's what i was aiming for it could be amazing with the right pre amp.

It's only been played a few times and is like new, the finish is beautiful and it plays like a dream the only tiny (me being really fussy) bug is if you look closely at the pics you can see the scratch plate doesn't quite match the shape of the control plate where they meet, easily fixed by getting Bass Doc to cut a new one in your preferred colour or live with it as it is as it hardly notices.

Price wise I'm after £750.00 otherwise I may as well keep it and sell the Overwater instead, it's a top bass made with the best parts and by some of Basschats finest, no expense spared.

Comes with an old gig bag as I'd expect any buyer to try this out first or at least meet up rather then buy blind.

Any questions fire away but maybe check the build diary first just in case the answer is there :)

quite hard to get the colour right in the photos the finish is off white, sol slightly creamy.

Trade wise I might consider a SR5, Bongo 5, Pre 73 Fender Jazz, Sandberg Jazz 5, 1964 P Bass, Roadworn Jazz, G&L 5 or a Roscoe (LG or SKB) 5, ideally with maple boards and not heavy.

Lightweight Heads also possible, Aguilar, Markbass, TC etc.

R.

[attachment=109120:P1000329 lr.jpg]

[attachment=109121:P1000330 lr.jpg]

[attachment=109123:P1000331 lr.jpg]

[attachment=109124:P1000332 lr.jpg]

[attachment=109125:P1000333 lr.jpg]

[attachment=109126:P1000334 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

Just wanna say i saw this bass today as i did a trade with Rumple, and the super jazz really is a stunning looking bass. If your in the market for something like this, this bass seriously should be checked out. If it had overwater on the head stock it would be double the price. Also Rumple is a sound chap, he even made my hound welcome.............

cheers, Rich.