Why become a member? ×

Fender American Standard Jazz FS/FT £700

Ziphoblat

I'm looking to sell my USA Standard Jazz or trade it. It's a fantastic bass, I've owned it since new in 2010 (it's made in 2009). I'm the first owner, got it from Rich Tone in Sheffield (still have the receipt). I liked it so much that I bought another, and now feel that I'd like a little more variety.

It's olympic white, has a red tort guard and a rosewood board (classic look). Comes with the original SKB case which is in pretty good nick (the odd scuff, but nothing that won't clean off, I'll probably do that). It also comes with all the original case candy, tags etc. The bass itself is in great condition, a bit of swirling on the scratchplate as you'd expect of a bass that's been played. Nothing else to note other than a tiny little knock on the side of the body (not visible from the front) smaller than a pea which doesn't break through the finish, just a slight indent. Apart from that it's mint!

So, what I'd like is a P bass. I'm not really in a position to add cash to a deal at the moment, nor do I want to "downgrade" so something of equivalent value would be my ideal trade. A simple USA Standard P bass would be great. I'm not really massively keen on weird and/or wonderful finishes, I'd really rather it was just sunburst, black or white. Maple boards preferred but I'll consider rosewood too. But let me know what you've got, you never know.

The other basses I'd consider would be more modern styled Jazz basses with maple boards... something like a Sandberg JM or a Lakland DJ... 4 strings is a must!

EDIT: I'll take £700 cash for this for a limited time (while the bass I want is still available).

Edited by Ziphoblat

mmmm... I've got two Precisions and feel the need the get a jazz to complete the Leo Fender set. Would you be interested in a 2003/04 MIA Precision, sunburst with maple board, vintage white scratch plate and S1 switching? With the original moulded hard case. Can send some pics if you want.
Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='lynxus69' timestamp='1338480129' post='1675235']
hmmm..not sure.... I really like the neck on my P-bass..
Anyway the whole idea came from Tim Commerford ;)
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Commerford"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Commerford[/url]
[/quote]

You're the person I need to team up with at some point in the future; I always wanted a standard P but with a J neck!