Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sussex Luthiers

philw

Can anybody suggest a good luthier in or around Brighton to put a fretless fingerboard on one of my Yamaha BEX4s? I was going to have Bernie Goodfellow do the job but having been waiting for him to get around to it for a good six months now I think it's time to look elsewhere.

Phil

I've got a bass currently with James at 12th Fret in Winchelsea near Rye. In Sussex....a bit too far for you?

[url="http://www.12thfret.co.uk/"]http://www.12thfret.co.uk/[/url]

First time I've used him - bass comes back Wednesday. Seems like a good guy though, very professional, and very pleasant.

Phil, I don't know for sure that he would do the job you want but Paul Aguilera at Aguilera Guitars in Edward Street might be worth a try - he builds acoustics so I imagine he knows what he's doing. I've only ever had him do small jobs for me, like a new nut, but he is local to you. It might be worth talking to him.

I've actually used Graham before on a simple repair job, but I'm not sure he's the right guy for a complete fingerboard removal and replacement. I'll give him a call though.

Aguilera Guitars has closed down recently. I think Paul must have given-up the unequal struggle.

Phil

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1338223389' post='1671082']
Probably not too far no. What are you having done to your bass? Will you let me know how it is when it comes back?

Thanks
Phil
[/quote]

Will PM with details as soon as it returns! :D