Why become a member? ×

Carlsbro Cobra 90 Combo *GONE*

Pow_22

Got this 90watt combo off 2x18 on here and its got a cracking sound for a small old combo. Really quite bassy when the 'Deep' button is engaged. Easily loud enough for decent sized rehearsal room or small boozer gigs (ideal 'first' amp for a kid looking to upgrade from a 10w 'part of the package' amp.

Bit battered and bruised with a few of the push buttons cracked but still all fully working. Reason for sale is i bought this when i had a big old valve rig and needed something smaller for the Dog & Duck - have downsized now so this is just an ornament. Looks exactly like this one...

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carlsbro-Cobra-Bass-amplifier-/290713437967?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item43afdf070f"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43afdf070f[/url]

(not mine BTW) but will get some actual pics up if theres any interest. £30 ONO Collection from Didsbury, Manchester or can deliver locally.

Cheers,
Paul

Edited by Pow_22

Wow, this takes me back. These things are bomb proof! They're a little bit 'middy' (unless you push the 'derek' button but they've got loads of volume on tap and are a great little combo.

"fond memories of these amps" style bump.

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1337930717' post='1667472']
Wow, this takes me back. These things are bomb proof! They're a little bit 'middy' (unless you push the 'derek' button but they've got loads of volume on tap and are a great little combo.

"fond memories of these amps" style bump.
[/quote]

Bingo - I also still have one ( with a bomb-proof replacement McKenzie speaker)- been through the wars for sure - Don't think I ever changed the settings , but it's a loud combo for sure . I got mine serviced recently & the guy ( who's really a dyed in the wool valve man, raved about it!!)
It's a bargain bump!

MB1. B)
This is actually older than the one i had this is a first edition,mine was a cobra 90 with the controls on the front panel.These were cracking little combos and punched way above there power ratings... British Too!
Local BUMP!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...