Why become a member? ×

Fender Telecaster Bass USA 1977 sale pending

ash

Ok things aren't shifting so I'm dropping my price so offers around the £800 mark which is daft for this era and quality of bass but needs must. No trades now.

Edited by ash

I've just put a two saddle reissue Tele bass bridge on this and through strung it, sustain is fantastic, much improved and looks great with the ashtray on or off. I will post some new pics tomorrow. Tempted to withdraw the bass as it's certainly has much better resonance and clarity strung as nature intended!

Hi, sorry if its a question you have answered before, but how wide is the nut? I have precisions that are 43mm and about 45mm, and a pink paisley tele bass thats kind of in the middle, and is the tatty old case a fender ohsc thats tatty, or just any old case? Thanks in advance

[quote name='Bassman Rich' timestamp='1339030789' post='1682761']
Hi, sorry if its a question you have answered before, but how wide is the nut? I have precisions that are 43mm and about 45mm, and a pink paisley tele bass thats kind of in the middle, and is the tatty old case a fender ohsc thats tatty, or just any old case? Thanks in advance
[/quote]

I don't think its a Fender case, it has no marks that identify it as such but is certainly of the same era! Nut width is a tad under 43mm.

Back to the top, I was playing this last night in the studio you can get a real variety of sounds with this bass thanks to the extra pickup and the coiltap. Not just a one trick pony.