Why become a member? ×

Total PITA why do i keep seeing this?

Twigman

Every few clicks I see a screen which asks me to type in some letters/numbers, you know the verify you are human type screens.
According to Sophos my machine is clean.
I can't even post a screenshot as an attachemnt.
And linking to an image hosted elsewhere tells me that this community does not allow jpg

please make it stop

It is making this site a total PITA to use.

Nothing reported (other than this) and it's not a process I am aware of as being part of the forums software. There is a 'Capcha' box to be completed when signing up as a new member but as for the other stuff - never seen or heard of it before.

I'll report it to the tech boys!

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1337588521' post='1662221']
Every few clicks I see a screen which asks me to type in some letters/numbers, you know the verify you are human type screens.
According to Sophos my machine is clean.
I can't even post a screenshot as an attachemnt.
And linking to an image hosted elsewhere tells me that this community does not allow jpg

please make it stop

It is making this site a total PITA to use.
[/quote]

The IP address you are using is on a spam black list. The proxy host we now use will automatically challenge blacklisted IP addresses to make sure it's not being used by a bot. In a way the proxy is learning as it goes.

I suggest you unplug your modem for 30+ minutes to see if you can acquire a different IP address.

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1337593486' post='1662320']
The IP address you are using is on a spam black list. The proxy host we now use will automatically challenge blacklisted IP addresses to make sure it's not being used by a bot. In a way the proxy is learning as it goes.

I suggest you unplug your modem for 30+ minutes to see if you can acquire a different IP address.
[/quote]

Err I am on my company's network.
We are on a fixed IP address.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1337593612' post='1662322']
Err I am on my company's network.
We are on a fixed IP address.
[/quote]

Even company networks can be compromised, the last blacklist report on your IP address was 27 days ago. As long as whatever caused it has been dealt with, your IP address should be dropped off the 'alert' list soon.