Why become a member? ×

A bit og Behringer

isteen

I was cleaning out in my man cave, and got caught up in something else. I got to play around with a Behringer combo. After a while, I actually got a nice tone out of it, so despite the bad rep Behringer has, I like to play my combo at home. One thing I don't enjoy from it (apart from the weight) is the lack of power! I have a 90w combo and it's only good for goofing around with alone. Not even in an acoustic trio is it worth much.

I have never tried the Behringer U450/550w heads, but I plan to try them out one day. Just a few words from a man taking a break from the almost impossible task of making my hide-away look good and tidy - and Stanley Clarke is blasting out of my speakers

I have one of the Behringer 450 w combos, and the weight is huge. I cant pick it up on my own. I used to be able to get a reasonable sound out of it, till one day the amp (when warmed up) started to have sound cut outs every 30 seconds for a few seconds. So i swapped out the amp and used a Hartke 500 w amp instead. Which seems to work very well with the speakers.

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1337523926' post='1661333']
I have one of the Behringer 450 w combos, and the weight is huge. I cant pick it up on my own. I used to be able to get a reasonable sound out of it, till one day the amp (when warmed up) started to have sound cut outs every 30 seconds for a few seconds. So i swapped out the amp and used a Hartke 500 w amp instead. Which seems to work very well with the speakers.
[/quote]

I think one of their cabs/combos was based on Hartke, with metal speaker cones et al! :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337526275' post='1661375']
I think one of their cabs/combos was based on Hartke, with metal speaker cones et al! :)
[/quote]

I had one of those cabs and I've ranted about them on here before. Appaling pieces of equipment that put me off Behringer for life.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1337540263' post='1661678']

I had one of those cabs and I've ranted about them on here before. Appaling pieces of equipment that put me off Behringer for life.
[/quote]

I gave ny 4x10 combo away for free :lol: