Why become a member? ×

calling all facebookers,please like our band page

gub

Hi all just trying to raise our profile a bit, so if you wouldnt mind taking a little look and like if you dont mind, just follow link below ;)

[url="http://www.facebook.com/SergeantFlint"]http://www.facebook.com/SergeantFlint[/url]

Edited by gub

Going to go against the flow here... I'd need to actually like it to 'like' it, I'm afraid....so a MP3 would at elast get that ball rolling.
My 'mate does' this...and his band has never made it out of rehearsal..and one of the guys has just moved 150 mile away..what sort of band can that ever be..????

Here is another reason why.... recently offered to do a charity show..offered rather than put in a fee to do it..
We got shortlisted and and was asked to get so many likes of the promoters festival page.
I then said ok, thanks.. but please withdraw our offer and take us off the list..as they said they were over subscribed with so many bands
and could give that stage opportunity to someone else...
which was fine as we would earn on that prime night anyway.

But ..and I have to say this..we are a gigging band with a very good name so I am not going to get involved with a student band who do just this very thing
and network just about anyone they can to get to amass the most amount of votes. If that is the way they want to do it, then fine...but are these the bands that will draw people in..?

maybe..but probably not... but they are the bands that are so desperate to play..and this is not so much the bad thning... but they'll do it for free and underrmine everyone else.
The bands that were acumulating the most likes..I had never heard of on the circuit and I couldn't find ANYTHING about them....hhhmmmm..!!