Why become a member? ×

Belated hello

bootleg

Hi there

Slap me someone for my thoughtless lack of etiquette. Here I go trawling the posts on this marvellous forum and then posting something for sale without introducing myself. Apologies to all.

I've been playing bass on and off since I was 16, and now 30 years later, still loving it. I have a Jaydee Supernatural, a Squier Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz, and a Cort Curbow 6 String which is what I play mostly at the moment. I play in 2 bands, a jazz group who have even managed a few gigs, and a group of work colleagues with whom I have mucked about with and had fun for over 5 years but never played a gig (much to my embarrassment). I have a Roland Cube 30 amp, a Genz-Benz Neo-Pak, and a LS115, a BOSS RC-2 Loop Station, and a Digitech BP50 pedal.

Usual influences (Squire, Pastorius, Lee, Mick Karn, Percy Jones - all of whom I have seen at least once). I have a wide range of musical likes, jazz, fusion/metal/prog, classical/opera.

I go to quite a few gigs, travelling where necessary, though my ears are starting to suffer. I live in Bristol.

Welcome aboard.

Don't worry too much about the introduction thing. You've done it now and that's the main thing. It's not really an etiquette thing - I think it's good from the community point of view and it helps sellers too, by letting potential punters know a bit about who they're dealing with.

[quote name='bootleg' post='179858' date='Apr 18 2008, 03:48 PM']Hi there

Slap me someone for my thoughtless lack of etiquette. Here I go trawling the posts on this marvellous forum and then posting something for sale without introducing myself. Apologies to all.[/quote]

Don't worry. You're forgiven :)

Welcome to BC