Why become a member? ×

Traded

warwickhunt

I'm going to reappraise the trade only as I have seen something 'different' which appeals to me!

re. the difference between Warwick and Spector; it just goes to show that 'one man's meat...' with both basses restrung with the same brand/gauge of string (on the same day), I find my SSI more zingier and piano like than the NS2 (both have that 'Growl') and the neck of the Spector is that bit fuller all round than the Warwick!

If I can set aside an hour or two, I might do a little A/B and run a poll as a blind test to see what people think. B)

I have 93 SS1 which has the older D profile neck, I find it an absolute joy to to play compared with younger Warwicks
I have owned. Unfortunatly I can't vouch for the NS-2 neck but I would imagine its very much like that of the Euro model which is indeed more rounded.

As for sound I tend to favour my Spectors, obviously the Euro's carry the Tonepump preamp and not the Hazlab like the NS-2.
I play metal/ rock and the Spector just has that more oomph /bite which really cuts through the mix.

The SS1- although a great sound is far more subdued and dare I say refined. Doesnt really give me that warm fuzzy feeling/confidence in a live situation. I may consider changing the MEC set up to that of the Spector.

Or I may have a rush of blood to the head and offer it for trade against this LOL.

Edited by Bassulike66

I would change the preamp first mate, MEC's are pretty good pickups! Plus with a Tonepump bass you'll be used to effortless grunt from the bass preamp.

Mind you, of all the NS basses I've played over the years (Spector and Warwick), my Ltd Edition 1990 Streamer is still the best of the lot. What a f***ing corker that bass is!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1337237382' post='1657418']
I would change the preamp first mate, MEC's are pretty good pickups! Plus with a Tonepump bass you'll be used to effortless grunt from the bass preamp.

Mind you, of all the NS basses I've played over the years (Spector and Warwick), my Ltd Edition 1990 Streamer is still the best of the lot. What a f***ing corker that bass is!
[/quote]

That was going to be my first port of call, i have a spare Tonepump which i intend to bastardize into the Warwick at somepoint.

And for medical purposes i may post a few "how to" pics and a couple of before and after soundbytes.