Why become a member? ×

Advice/Info on Status Shark

LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336830858' post='1651667']
it was nice. Bit polite, and very high string tension for some reason. Also [u]photography courses at uni helped[/u] ;)
[/quote]

Read as "I couldn't find the 'rotate image' button" :gas:

But seriously tho', it is rather fine looking.

[quote name='Turk' timestamp='1337546371' post='1661847']
Read as "I couldn't find the 'rotate image' button" :gas:

But seriously tho', it is rather fine looking.
[/quote]

ah see I'm young and can turn my head. I forget some folk can't :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1337544173' post='1661790']
had a look but couldn't find.... more info please!
[/quote]

[url="http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4847&pid=46194#post_46193"]http://www.statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4847&pid=46194#post_46193[/url]

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1337502640' post='1660867']
theres an active chrome pickup one on edinburgh gumtree, I've been chatting to the fella seems nice. about £200.

...which is a lot less than if Rob Green made a new one. Though I doubt they are set up anymore to make wood necks
[/quote]

I got in touch with the guy, hopefully i'll be able to try it and perhaps take it home...

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1337682613' post='1663786']
I got in touch with the guy, hopefully i'll be able to try it and perhaps take it home...
[/quote]
he seems a good guy. We were emailing a fair bit about it. let us know how it goes!

Ok got it today.

Looks really nice, and i've got a soft spot for natural wood basses. The neck is thin and flat, not much unlike a thin precision neck. I've only played it 20 minutes, but i'm already loving the versatility. I'll take to band practice tomorrow night and put it through its paces. Only one between this and the bassmaster funk will stay...

Verdict after one practice session: most impressed, great versatility and playability. A bit on the fugly side, but I don't care.

I noticed its output changes a lot between the three eq switch positions. When the boost is on the mids, the perceived volume is very high compared to the middle (no pre shape), and when the switch is in the other pre-shape position, the volume is very low. Bit of a shame, as I may have to work the amp between songs if I change switch, which I will.

I'm not contacting you by mistake this time!

I think I own your old Status Shark Proactive.

The chrome wear on the bridge is the same, I bought it about 3 years ago in Manchester and use it as my main bass.

I recently bought a Status Groove which has the same neck profile but a MM positioned pickup.

Both great basses

• Thanks 1