Why become a member? ×

Hello!

MorningView

[font="Verdana"]Hey Guys,

A little bit about me, I'm a 21 year old bass player from the Leicestershire area and I have been playing for nearly 8 years. I am mostly self taught but next month will be starting weekly bass lessons to get me to the next level (been stuck in a bit of a rut recently whilst looking for a decent teacher)! I'm open minded when it comes to music and I'm into a huge variety of different artists. Some of my favourite artists include Incubus, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Newton Faulkner, Stevie Wonder, Marcus Miller, etc (don't want to go on forever...)

I'm currently playing a 2007 Musicman Stingray 4 H/H, I've purchased the bass brand new in June last year after getting a great deal on it! Its incredibly versatile and Its been by far my favourite bass I've owned over these last 8 years (definitely won't be letting this one go).

Look forward to hopefully being able to help a few people out and learn some new things myself :)!
[/font]

Edited by MorningView

Thanks for the welcome guys!

[quote name='paul, the' post='179437' date='Apr 18 2008, 01:47 AM']Welcome to't forum. I'll bet that bass is a keeper.
Classic influences, Incubus' bassist (past and present) are underrated.[/quote]

Definitely agree with that. Ben Kenney is definitely underrated, his style is completely different to Dirk's but some of the lines on Crow Left of the Murder and Light Grenades are fantastic. I know some people may not like his style but he's a decent enough player!