Why become a member? ×

Kemper Profiling Amp

El Bajo

Morning all

Has anybody used one of thses for bass? I'm going in to the studio next week and the guitarist is using it and asked if I wanted too. Personally I rather use my Markbass amp so that I sound like me plus I really don't know much about amps to choose one from the menu.

El Bajo

ive just got one of these, i got it mainly for recording guitar but i have already used it sucsessfully for bass, there are a couple of ampeg and markbass profiles available on the kemper website.
the thing with the kemper is, poeople make a profile which is a single snapshot of a particular amp setting and although you can tweak the sounds ideally it wants to be colse to the sound that you are after in the first place and everyone has their own idea of a great sound. so it can be hit amd miss.
however if you have the chance to take your own rig and make your own profile it does recreate whatever you put in extremley well.

im still getting used to the kemper but its potential is astounding and you can tweak a sound beyond the capabilities of the the amp which you are profiling.

im going to make some profiles of my rig today (tc/barefaced) and if i get chance ill post some audio clips.

I know their pr guy in person and also checked it already a year ago. it is awesome for guitar, but still a bit limited for bass. and as wf666 mentioned it is more about kloning existing amps. if you are into your personal sound, it might not be suitable (that's why I have a custom guitar amp in the make for me)

Cheers guys for the response. As I have a Markbass I might aswell just stick with that one for now. Bit short notice on my part to start looking for profiles now seeing as I'm recording this weekend!

Winterfire666 you're only up the road ;-)