Why become a member? ×

Big muff advice

gub

May seem like a silly question question but I am new to effects and have tried using my electo harmonix bass big muff live and it loses a lot of bottom end , do I need to play through 2 cabs and split the effects ?

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1336294319' post='1643521']
May seem like a silly question question but I am new to effects and have tried using my electo harmonix bass big muff live and it loses a lot of bottom end , do I need to play through 2 cabs and split the effects ?
[/quote]
that is a good option if you are able to.

otherwise get a blender like a boss LS-2, which will split your signal, allowing you to blend your clean tone in with the effected signal.

Cheers Phil , jack is am not sure mate as stopped using it a while ago and can't even remember tbh , will give it another go in rehearsal and have a fiddle with the settings .

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1336344424' post='1644393']
Sure its not mid you are missing?
[/quote]

This tends to be the bit that goes missing... and never quite comes back, with the Big Muff. Bottom end should be fine, if you roll the tone off.

It does have a bass boost setting as well remember, try that with the tone past 12. The problem I have with mine is that the toggle switch is broken in that position to I don't have any other option! It really comes in useful for dance tunes though, Tone at about 11:00, sustain at about 1:00 brings out some nice sub frequencies B) I use it with a Danelectro FAB chorus and it sounds deeper than the abyss itself!