Why become a member? ×

Pearl Jam - Twenty

Anyone watch this on BBC4 last night? 'Ten' was the first album I ever bought with my own money and while I haven't bought an album since 'Yield', this was still an interesting look back at their career.

It was also fun to spot some of Jeffs nice basses, including a very nice fretless Wal and a nice looking old P he cracks out when jamming to Ramones records.

I saw it at a small cinema when it was released. I left the cinema feeling like I'd been to a gig...
I got the Bluray for xmas.
It's a great film, I watched it again a couple of days ago.

I like the bass he was using for their early live stuff, looked like a Jazz with a P p-up added between the Js

I've got it, it's a bit longer on disc, about 20 minutes I think, no idea why they crop it for BBC4. Watched it loads. Really disappointed I didn't get to see it in the cinema. Jeff's a great player, plays for the song every time. I'm all booked up to see PJ 8 times this year so I'll clear off now before I start to bore people senseless with a band most folk haven't heard about since the 90s ;)

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1336230597' post='1642873']
I like the bass he was using for their early live stuff, looked like a Jazz with a P p-up added between the Js
[/quote]

Is that the homemade looking one with no logo on the headstock? I agree about his playing, it never jumps out at you as being flashy but you listen closely there's a lot of good stuff going on. From the looks of it he grew up in the middle of nowhere and presumably practiced a lot out of lack of anything else to do.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1336238525' post='1643008']
As a Pearl Jam "neutral" I watched the first 15 minutes and found it really dull and not engaging, poorly shot and edited.
I didn't stick with it, which is most unlike me.
[/quote]

If I wasn't a Mother Love Bone/Temple of the Dog/Pearl Jam fan I would probably feel the same way.

But I am, so the film is fantastic!