Why become a member? ×

Good afternoon from Higham Ferrers

ChorltonV

Hello, I've already posted a couple of times, but thought I should properly introduce myself. I'm a 37 year old Bassist from Higham Ferrers in Northants. I played in indie bands all through my youth and then had a lay off for nearly 10 years due to marriage and kids. I started up again early last year and haven't looked back, in fact I struggle to understand why I left it so long! I play a seventies Fender Mustang, it's a short scale bass, but I've had it for years and it's still my favourite guitar. I also have an Ibanez Artcore bass (there's a short scale theme here), and I play through an Ashdown ABM 500 Evo III C210T on top of a 115 cab. I also run it all through an ME-50b effects pedal which produces some interesting sounds.

Helloooo from Corby (don't be afraid) I did exactly the same thing and had a break and wondered why !
Who are you playing with ? I play in Boxeddy you might have seen them at the Green Dragon in Higham?

Anyway enjoy !

Hi BassTractor, I am happy mate. As I said on another thread somewhere, the 215 combo is a little quiet by itself, but sat on top of the 115 it sounds wicked. It took an effort to work out the best set up in tandem with the me-50b, but well worth it, punchy and bassy and well balanced. Obviously I bought the combo first before adding the stand alone cab, and if was starting again I'd probably have separates for portability. But apart from that I'm very happy.

Thanks for telling, Chorlton!
I was thinking of adding the ABM 115 to my MAG 410 combo, and later buying ABM separates to replace the combo with, but was a bit wary about having a 210 rather than a 410 on top of the 115. I'm glad you're satisfied.

best,
bert

Aaah your playing Weldonfest too ... see you there !

Boxeddy were playing but my other band Grounded are playing instead !

[url="http://www.grounded.uk.com"]www.grounded.uk.com[/url]

Alright Chorlton?
I'm another basser from around your neck of the woods. I currently live in Wellingborough.
And yes, I am married to my sister.
I'll try and get along to check out your band and to say hello sometime.

Edited by Osiris

Lol, well Grounded have a very flexible line up ! I am the main bassist but if I can't make it one of the guitarist can fill in !
the wesite also shows previous bassist too ! ... sooooo one singer, two drummers, three guitarists and 6 bassists !

Will catch up with you at Weldonfest if not before, do you have a The Retro website or Arsebook page ?

Yes mate, www.facebook.com/theretrouk . Be good to meet up at Weldonfest, I can pick your brains for some contact names for landlords etc, and likewise you can do the same, although it does seem you're playing the exact same circuit as us. I don't know about you but our current favorite gigs are The Green Dragon in Higham, The Cardigan Arms in Corby and The Nags Head in Harborough, you can pretty much always guarantee a good, appreciative audience at these venues. We definitely need some contact names in Northampton though, I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall getting us a gig in that town!

Osiris, glad to hear you're keeping alive those old Ringstead traditions of inter family relations! Keep checking our facebook page for gig info and definitely come and introduce yourself if you catch us playing.