Why become a member? ×

Fender TBP-1 tube preamp.

jacko

Selling my Fender TBP-1 preamp. Had it a couple of years and I'll say it's the best pre-amp I've heard only I just bought a Mesa boogie Titan V12 so the fender is now surplus to requirements.

It's unmarked having been in a rack case since the day I bought it. Comes complete with footpedal that will switch overdrive, effects loop, vari-Q and mute.

This is the same pre-amp fender use in all their pro series heads including the TB1200 and TB600.

The front panel comprises input gain, bass with pull to boost, mid, treble with pull to boost / Tube overdrive section / variable Q / a final 'room' tone and master volume.
Rear panel includes effects loop / DI/ main outputs which can either be full range or split to direct different frequencies to different power amps.

Full specs can be found here... http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=2247000010

This amp is now nearly £700 new so I'm asking for £350 or near offer . I'd prefer cash on collection from west lothian or I can post for an extra tenner in which case I'll accept paypal.

should be some pics here..
[attachment=106588:IMG_1355.JPG]

[attachment=106589:IMG_1357.JPG]

[attachment=106590:IMG_1358.JPG]

It's a good preamp. I have one, and it compares nicely with the Alembic F-1X and the Demeter VTBP 201. It is a bit more scooped and the top end is little present than the Alembic or Demeter's capabilities and it gets the thick beefy buttery tone that's great for recording. The distortion is alright i think , overly criticised for no reason, mostly by people who want a really want a fuzz box.

+1, good pre! I would have bought it in an instant to match to my MB1200, but the VType I use currently is almost the same pre (as is the Alembic F-1X and BBE BmaxT et el), less the overdrive. Unless you fancy a partial trade Jacko, VType + 100 GBP to you, TBP to me?