Why become a member? ×

OLP MM2 Stingray + Seymour Duncan 3-band preamp & pickup *** SOLD ***

mcnach

I never thought this day would arrive... but these are hard times and nowadays this is no longer my most played bass... so, here it is, my beloved OLP MM2.

This is a much cherished OLP MM2, and much modified.

The original electronics are all gone. I replaced the pickup with an alnico Seymour Duncan SMB4A, wired in parallel for "stingrayness". I replaced the passive electronics with a Seymour Duncan STC3M3 3-band preamp, their Stingray model. There is a cavity routed on the back that gives access to the battery and the preamp itself (it has a trim pot you may or not want to tweak to your taste).
This is one powerful and versatile beast.

The bass was set up by Rory Dowling, luthier and founder of Taran Guitars here in Edinburgh (recently moved to a bigger premises North of the Firth of Forth), so the fretwork is perfect and it plays beautifully. He also rolled slightly the edges of the fingerboard.

The bass is currently strung with a pretty fresh set of D'Addario XL170 (45-100) and mid-low action.

I gigged this bass for about a year and a half, but I have taken good care of it, so it is in very good cosmetic condition too.

Considering the extras, I am looking for £200.

Oh, it currently has black Warwick straplocks fitted (don't let this bass drop on the ground... or I will hunt you and stick your head in my cab while I play "ace of spaces" at maximum volume).
If you don't use this system I can either include the other bits (that go on the strap) or replace the strap buttons with a standard type, your choice.

Now, some pictures:

Edited by mcnach

Man that looks gorgeous and I've been toying with the idea of acquiring a MM-style bass for a while now (There was a Sterling Ray34CA in GuitarGuitar for a while I was drooling over quite regularly! :gas: )
Damn! Must. Resist. Temptation... Need. Octave pedal! :rolleyes:

Edited by johnDeereJack

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1335708248' post='1634801']
and PM replied to.

insanity? what insanity? :lol:
[/quote]

The insanity was that I wasn't looking at it as an instrument but as source of parts to scavenge! :o

I've given myself a god talking to :blush:

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1335714308' post='1634890']
The insanity was that I wasn't looking at it as an instrument but as source of parts to scavenge! :o

I've given myself a god talking to :blush:
[/quote]

Oh no!!! I'd never allow such thing to happen!!! :yarr:

:lol:

[quote name='Ollie73' timestamp='1335886596' post='1637571']
Nice
[/quote]

Just played a little with it... :blush: it is nice indeed.
I should record a videoclip or something before I let it go...