Why become a member? ×

hmmmm in two minds

3V17C

so i've recently had a few jams with a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxj7IxPmoIw&feature=related"](ex name and old friend) guitarist [/url] and a drummer with a view to getting a Van Halen tribute band up and running. We've banged through a few songs (not all the obvious easy ones!) and its pretty clear that musically we can pull it off no problem. But...while its good fun and enjoyable to play i'm not entirely sure that i want to persue it. I'm really in two minds over this one!

I'm already in one rock covers band and normally if i have two bands, at least one has to be original stuff. Plus I don't get alot of spare time to learn the songs as I've got lots of other stuff on the go (art as well as music). But my main concern is that finding a suitable singer/frontman is going to be a looooong, hard process, especially in this neck of the woods. It took my other band about 18 months to get a singer and even then we had to settle on someone a bit less experienced than we'd have liked. I'm also not entirely sure just how popular a VH tribute band would be - they were always really a much bigger, more popular band in the US than over here.

ho hum....... goes off to ponder....

peace

c

Simon called me up for the job too! The guys are great to work with.. I was unable to give them the time as my own band is taking shape at a rate of knots!

I would go for it if I had the time.

Would the singer in your other band be up to the job?

I don't know what the music scene is like down there but up here (Co Durham) rock, classic rock and heavy metal seems to be the staple diet of most fans. I'm not a huge fan of VH but I know people who are. If you are enjoying it, stick with it and see where it takes you. I wish I had your dilema, as it is I'm in a band going nowhere fast and struggling to find anything else.

Good luck.