Why become a member? ×

Shipping Guitar in hard case to Normandy: best method..?

Dad3353

Good afternoon, all...

I'll shortly be in need of an archtop to be shipped from London to Normandy, France, in a hard case. Any thoughts on cheapest and/or best carrier..? Value around the £350 mark. Speed not essential, delicate handling preferred.
As an alternative, anyone heading this way any time soon..? Could arrange meeting, moderate expenses (and tea/biscuits...) could be discussed...
Any leads, lads..? (Yes, of course, lassies, too..!)
Thanks in advance...

I`ve used Parcel2go.com, to send basses overseas. Both times went ok. One thing to look out for is, whoever you go with, check the small print. For example, if you use Parcelforce, they will allow you to pay for extra insurance, but do not in fact insure guitars/basses. So, do the reading - it could save a major headache later on.

If you provide weight and dimensions from your own scales allow a little extra when getting a quote. I sent a bass to Germany last year. I dropped it into the UPS depot in Edinburgh where it was examined and weight and dimensions taken. To my surprise I received an invoice to cover the cost of extra weight. It was soon cleared up when they were told they had weighed it in their depot. Just to be aware of though if you are having it picked up by a courier.