Why become a member? ×

Lemonheads 'Shame About Ray' tour

PaulWarning

went to see the Lemonheads in Derby last night and have to say I was disapointed, no attempt by Dando to interact with the audience, just the occasional "thanks" and "this next song is", his vocals were muddy, no encore and no Mrs Robinson. What about the bass I hear you cry, well it was some sort of Jazz, wasn't near enough to see which type, sounded ok when he played a couple of notes on his own at the beginning to make sure it worked, a bit on the trebly side, good for Mrs Robinson if they'd played it, but it didn't cut through at all when the rest of the band were playing just a bit of thumping, which is surprising considering how jangly the guitar sound is.
Anybody else seen them? was it just an off night?

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1335093228' post='1625542']
My sister went to see him, her overriding impression was that he needs a good wash and a long stint in rehab.

Mrs. Robinson wasn't on the album, so I can understand them not playing it.
[/quote]
It was on the later versions when it had been a hit, in fact that was the reason the album took off, it bought it to the attention of the public, and he did play other well known stuff not on the album like Outdoor Type, All My Life etc.
Got to agree with your sister though about needing a wash, and he could have been on something, he certainly wasn't interested in the gig

It's not on the album, artistically, let's put it that way ;)

It's like Easy on the later versions of Angel Dust. It's not an album track, not supposed to be there if you care about the artistic vision behind it all, just a shameless biz ploy to boost sales. Down with this kind of thing :lol: