Why become a member? ×

GUS G3 Active Retro 4 String Bass - Keeping for the moment

6feet7

I bought this new from Simon Farmer at GUS after I'd seen it featured in Bass Guitar Magazine. I basically fell in love with it on first sight. It looks stunning, plays beautifully (never been gigged though so is as new with hiscox hard case and a copy of the magazine) but a combination of a house move and a downturn in income means it has to go (I've 2 GUS G1's for sale too at least £1500 less than new)).
Simon is looking after all the guitars for me so you can either contact me or him direct at www.gusguitars.com if you have any specific questions (he can tell you far more than me about them).
I paid £5500 and would like £4750 for it or extremely sensible offers.

[attachment=105386:GUS Retro G3 1.jpg][attachment=105387:GUS G3 Retro 2.jpg][attachment=105388:GUS G3 Retro 3.jpg]

Edited by 6feet7

• 1 month later...

Thats what they are. Custom made. Takes at least 6 months to make and everything hand made in house except the tuners. Plus unique.
I've had 6 of his guitars, 1 baritone and 2 basses and they are wonderful in looks, feel and sound. Unfortunately finances etc etc. All but 2 of the guitars have gone (I don't play guitar anymore so couldn't justify having them around) and this bass. I wish I didn't have to but ...............

Amazing piece of design these. Really attractive with a massive nod to 50's and 60's aesthetics while also managing to be a relevant and modern instrument. Would love to have the readies for one of these!

Truckstop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...