Why become a member? ×

Alternative DAW

Horizontalste

I've no idea why I didn't recommend Reaper myself, it's what I use all of the time for my recording. Bargain of the century, easy to work out the GarageBand to Reaper conversion and as Leon said, there's the "I didn't know it could do that" moments that you get all of the time. I'm confident to just google anything I need to do and there's always an answer there for it.

[quote name='Leon Transaxle' timestamp='1335880796' post='1637450']
Compared to Cubase the cut, paste and shuffle around clips is a fragment of urine.
[/quote]

I think you will find that's just one stroke key commands, same as any DAW.
With any of these sequencers, just try the Demo's and find what suits your work flow.

Garry

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1335860214' post='1636921']
Audacity has (or always has had when I have used it) one huge flaw. You cant hear an effect as you apply it. You say you want to do something then you hear a demo of a tiny region, then you change a parameter, then you listen to a demo etc etc.

The reality is when using any kind of serious tool for recording and mixing you absolutely need to hear the changes you are making in real time as they are happening. So you hear an eq sweep as you make it so you can stop sweeping when you hear the problem frequency etc.

For a very simple tool to top and tail wavs its fine though. Thats about the extent of it usefulness really.
[/quote]

This. Not to mention once you have applied an effect you won't be able to change it back or edit it unless you re import the original wav file.