Why become a member? ×

An unwanted, late delivery

About halfway through February I made an order with Thomann and was informed that my order would have to wait until 29th whilst they waited for more stock to arrive - so I did, but after waiting until last week and hearing nothing, I e-mailed them to cancel my order... I was a bit annoyed but since they hadn't taken the money out of my account I thought it was fair enough and proceeded to buy a new combo and an electronic drum kit
This morning at 20 to 8, I received 2 huge parcels, containing my Thomann order and I checked my account and saw that I'd been charged for them
After all this time, I'm annoyed that it took so long to arrive and I don't really want it any more! I can understand that it had probably already been dispatched when I tried to cancel it (nice of them to tell me..?), but I'm totally unimpressed with the speed of delivery

Anyway, advice from those who've dealt with Thomann before, please? Should I complain and ask for a refund or just cut my losses and list the offending items for sale on basschat? Here they are:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbb35ntfl_5string_akustikbass_fretless.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbb...ss_fretless.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm[/url]

Contact Thomann and asked for them to collect the items, explaining your position. You are covered by your statutory rights as a consumer. As long as the items are unused they have to offer you a full refund.

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='tombboy' post='176264' date='Apr 14 2008, 01:43 PM']Contact Thomann and asked for them to collect the items, explaining your position. You are covered by your statutory rights as a consumer. As long as the items are unused they have to offer you a full refund.[/quote]

Do just that and they'll send someone round to pick them up. I've never had a problem with returning stuff to them.

[quote name='tombboy' post='176264' date='Apr 14 2008, 01:43 PM']Contact Thomann and asked for them to collect the items, explaining your position. You are covered by your statutory rights as a consumer. As long as the items are unused they have to offer you a full refund.[/quote]

Interesting thought ... is that his statutory rights as a consumer in the UK, or as a consumer in the EU? Are they exactly the same? Anyone know?

[quote name='OldGit' post='176280' date='Apr 14 2008, 02:15 PM']Ped wants on e of those Ibanez double bass bag things ... May give you a decent price for it :)
I have one and they are very good.[/quote]

If Thomann won't take 'em back, stick the double-bag in the For Sale section. If Ped doesn't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

[size=1]At the right price, of course.[/size]

That's the position under UK regulations - you'd need to check the small print in the Thomann terms to see which country's laws govern the contract - there should be a European (German?) equivalent, but I'm not sure without checking if it applies cross-border.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='176406' date='Apr 14 2008, 04:41 PM']Interesting thought ... is that his statutory rights as a consumer in the UK, or as a consumer in the EU? Are they exactly the same? Anyone know?[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='176409' date='Apr 14 2008, 04:43 PM']If Thomann won't take 'em back, stick the double-bag in the For Sale section. If Ped doesn't want it, I'll take it off your hands.

[size=1]At the right price, of course.[/size][/quote]
Hahaha! If I can't get a refund I'll probably keep it - I do want it, but I've spent the £50 on something else now! My fiancée really likes the look of the bass too, so maybe I'll end up keeping them both... sanity is prevailing over GAS at the moment though, so ideally they'll take them back without a fuss

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='176406' date='Apr 14 2008, 04:41 PM']Interesting thought ... is that his statutory rights as a consumer in the UK, or as a consumer in the EU? Are they exactly the same? Anyone know?[/quote]

I think it's the same across the EU. Could be wrong but I think the law was changed here (and in Germany) to fit with an EU directive harmonising the laws relating to consumer rights.

I've dealt with Thomann quite a lot & the only thing you must do is keep the original packaging ! For at least 30 days.
They offer 30-day money back guarantee .. was at one point gonna send cab back but had binned the packaging .. it would have cost me £40 !

This doesn't apply for 'faulty' items btw .. if it's broken or faulty you don't need the original packaging & they arrange a courier & doesn't cost anything !

Si