Why become a member? ×

EHX The Mole

Nibody

Yes they really pull out the bottom end and can help you in the mix, I use mine to also add a little volume in the chorus of songs as I don't have a specific pedal for this at the moment. They are useful little pedals and fairly cheap at that so I would recommend one.

BH12neil

I have a clone and find it very useful live. I don't use it as a boost as such, I set it so I get the same rough level as bypassed, but it just shifts where in the spectrum that level is, and I then use it under guitar solos to give more space for the guitar. I'm in a two-guitar band anyway, and more often than not the solos sound better with the Mole on. Also worth noting that it sounds proper ace running a Mole into a Muff! For the price you'd pay for a brand new EHX one I'd say take a punt if it's interested you enough to ask, I definitely find mine worth having :)

I had a GEB7 a good few years back (along with an original Marshall Guvnor and a few Ibanez soundtanks). Never realy got on with it (god I wish I hadnt sold all my gear 10 years ago!) but I was running a Trace GP7SMX Combo so I already had the EQ on that, and didnt realy use pedals live at that time.

Will be running the pedalboard through the effects loop on the Ampeg, which is blendable (and bypassable via the Amp F/S), so I guess I can probably sort that loss of bass with Modulation thing out that way - l tend to tun Bass/Board/Amp in rehersal studio's.

Stilll intrigued by the Mole though..