Why become a member? ×

Guitar head

thunderider

I do have bass heads a laney dp150 and a custom sound but realy im after a marshall, id love a valve but theyre megabucks but what annoys the hell out of me is graphic sliders i hate them with a passion!!! I want in reality a valve amp with four knobs on..a bit like on a park head that got lost in the mists of time,ive not got a lot of money left after buying an epi t bird at a great price, but the guys wants bout a ton for this but ill get it a bit cheaper! I got miss mached bits n peices i want one great head and my 118 as i play with a ric and a t bird id realy like a fender bassman 50 as they roar! But they stoopid money like all valves!!

I looked to day and my guitarest has the combo version and i give that ago but his only has 112 in and i gave it a quick shot but no bottom endso i may pass on that one!! But my main concern is if i get a 100w marshall solid or valve im concerned it wont drive my 118 as i have a spare 100w and that makes a horrid farty crackle noise at full tilt, but will drive my 115 but its nit very loud!! Or am i deaf!!

You say you're after a Marshall, but not all Marshall's are created equal - the MG series is the entry level cheapy model and is a long long way from the legendary valve tones that made Marshall famous. I can't see it giving you a better bass tone than the DP150!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1334451302' post='1616447']
Bi amp! Bass sounds awesome with guitar based overdrive but you do lose those lovely lows
[/quote]

Recently I was Tri-amping ala 80s Billy Sheehan/Troy Sanders/Chris Wolstenholme

it sounded like THUNDER It was amazing, pretty impractical but amazing haha!

I prefer it to "bass" distortion as well, too buzzy, clunky and fizzy most I've used

any one ever used one of these??.....and other question....hooked up to 8ohm 118 sub!!!
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&biw=1024&bih=556&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=pjoNsMTZLnFAIM:&imgrefurl=http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/amplifiers/jim-marshall-2195-lead-bass-100w-amp-head-da1520&docid=pVj7d08gP2cvaM&imgurl=http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/_images/product-details/DA15202.JPG&w=1000&h=750&ei=lQSKT7DXOpSA8gOm0-y9CQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=1469&sig=118185931539245567535&page=1&tbnh=110&tbnw=148&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:71&tx=97&ty=45

but thats all i have!!,i have a 150 laney that drives my sub well,i have a power/monitor amp thas sposed to be 150 but was tested at 100w this kinda clips n farts full chat,the reason im looking at these marshalls or similar is i want a head with out graphics ect the buttons and sliders on laney are over kill...iv gone flat on eqwith the bass up,as im looking for bass....subsonic bass!! as these marshalls just have the knobs i want!! just concerned itll fart n clip full chat!!....i was only thinking the power amp did it cus it had no pre amp....but i a dded a pre amp it still does it...so concerns me owt under 150w wont drive the 18!!