Why become a member? ×

Markbass TTE 500 and my Gas

Tankdave

I'm so close to pulling the pin on this one, I need something for those warmer sounds again and this seems to fit the bill.

Currently using STL900, but the valve ain't very warm is it?, awsome for the crispy stuff though.

I'd love a "full" valve jobbie but it's going to be too clumsy & heavy for me as I have serious back issues, so I'm not able to go there.

Also before you start shouting "STM900" "STM900", I've already tried one and it was not quite what was hoping for.

Would love to hear opinions from actual TTE users, all the good stuff and the stuff you hate. I'll be using a 5-string with it, so extreme bottom end clarity will be important to me.

Thanks and over to you.....

I did a full video review of the TTE500 in iGuitar magazine. Off the top of my head I can't remember what issue, but they are all free to read over at www.iGuitarMag.com

Dooooood.

"warmth" can be substituted for a low mid 'hump' slightly boosting around 150-200hz will help. Also the STL900 is a pretty hifi amp so find away to get it low fi, lowpass the really high stuff, will help.

Could try sticking a valve OD infront of it see if it helps. The EBS valve drive is quite good at the warm side of things.

Not tried a TTE myself but if it's the usual markbass sound then with a tube pre then it has the similar sort of sound as a STL but I guess 'punchier' and warmer due to it's natural low mid hump.

The LMTube 500 is a great bit of kit, very warm with the tube side and still so but cleaner i guess with the SS preamp. I wouldn't get the 800 watt version though personally, as the actual power output is not much more than the 500.