Why become a member? ×

SGC Nanyo sold: Yamaha RBX800E also now sold.

Paul S

Need to thin out a bit and these won the short straw. Pics to follow tomorrow but I thought I'd get them up here.

[s][size=2]SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB-310. At least I am fairly sure it is. No sticker where there should be one but it is active, P/J pups. Made in Japan, serial no. 914555, so made in 1991. Yes, I know, yet another one for sale. Glossy black in extremely good nick. The lightest bass I have ever picked up at under 7lbs, skinny neck etc, currently strung with Dr Black Beauties, so a real Stealth machine.

When I got it I wasn't happy with the sound so I changed the pre-amp to a Artec SE-2. That was an improvement but I am still not keen on the sound, which is the only reason it is going. Funny thing with the Artec preamp is that the pickup blend works the wrong way around, as does the bass boost/cut, despite being wired in by a tech. You get used to it. I still have the old one and will include it in the sale.

Priced to sell at £140 - collected from Benfleet in Essex. I can post but need to sort out a box from somewhere - £15 should cover it[/size][/s]

SGC Nanyo now SOLD pending the usual, thank you.

[s][size=2]Yamaha RBX800E. Pearlescent white with black headstock. I bought it on here about 6 months ago as a little project. Quite a few dings, neck needs a little adjustment and the barrel jack replacing, it has 2 odd machine heads, too. Weird bridge (which was stock I believe, not a later addition) and mis-matching knobs. I have the jack, and intended to sort it out but have just never got round to it. This is NOT a cheap bass - the top end of the range in its day - serial no. OK13101, so 1988 I think. Made in Taiwan. HUGE tone on it from the P/J pups. . Monster output. Active, 2 band eq. Lightweight, around 8lbs I think, skinny neck etc. Once sorted out this will be a huge bass - immense - I will never get around to doing it up and need to free up a little cash so here it is, together with new jack.

Priced to sell - £140 collected from Benfleet in Essex. Again, I will need to find a box to post it. £15 again.

Or meet to hand over, or deliver for £200 a mile.

Pics will follow.[/size][/s]

[size=4]Also now sold, pending the usual. Thanks[/size]

Edited by Paul S

SGC Nanyo pics - difficult to photograph black basses, especially against a window... rushed it, shaky hands, no tripod etc Anyway, this has no issues other than the funny arrangement with the knobs working backwards.

[attachment=103766:sgc1.jpg][attachment=103767:sgc2.jpg][attachment=103768:sgc3.jpg][attachment=103769:sgc4.jpg][attachment=103770:sgc5.jpg]

Yamaha pics. tried to get the neck by looking down it but impossible, tried to show a few cracks in the finish around the knobs that don't seem to go any deeper. Also tried to capture the pearlescent finish buit of course couldn't. It really is multi-coloured, which makes touching up a problem I am sure. Anyway.

[attachment=103771:yamaha1.jpg][attachment=103772:yamaha2.jpg][attachment=103773:yamaha3.jpg][attachment=103774:yamaha4.jpg][attachment=103775:yamaha5.jpg][attachment=103776:yamaha6.jpg][attachment=103777:yamaha7.jpg]